• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has that been working for you? I get all light headed and hangry if'n I don't eat breakfast.

Not keeping close track, but I am down in the 15 pound range since I started it, but I am trying to eat less generally. I don't have an issue with hunger in the morning. The hunger hits about 3-4pm.

The first Book of LotR might be the best part of the entire thing. That is, the Bilbo's party all the way to Frodo passing out at the Ford of Bruinen.

I sort of forget about it Tolkien's world building is just incredible. The world feels so full of weird and awesome stuff; it's basically a perfect open world RPG tutorial level in writing.

The first Book of LotR might be the best part of the entire thing. That is, the Bilbo's party all the way to Frodo passing out at the Ford of Bruinen.

I sort of forget about it Tolkien's world building is just incredible. The world feels so full of weird and awesome stuff; it's basically a perfect open world RPG tutorial level in writing.

I'm not a big Tom Bombadill guy.

no way, while weird and sort of annoying, Tom Bom is crucial in making the world feel totally wide open and that anything can be right around the corner

also, in general have to skip the 'songs'. cool flavor but mostly unnecessary

Not keeping close track, but I am down in the 15 pound range since I started it, but I am trying to eat less generally. I don't have an issue with hunger in the morning. The hunger hits about 3-4pm.

Good for you.

I am not an IF guy... I need to eat breakfast. I have better luck if I just don't eat after dinner (which happens at 6pm round these parts). Maybe a small snack of popcorn around 8:30pm, but that's it.

I've found it's very easy for me to refrain from eating after 8 since I am often asleep by 8:30 or so.

I just ate a pound and a half of cottage cheese.

stuffed-peppers-with-cottage-cheese-and-vegetables-594342.jpg

Good for you.

I am not an IF guy... I need to eat breakfast. I have better luck if I just don't eat after dinner (which happens at 6pm round these parts). Maybe a small snack of popcorn around 8:30pm, but that's it.

I try to go with the 5-6 meals approach which worked really well in the past.

This morning I had a thing of Kodiak Cakes Oatmeal lifted and then had my protein shake and scrambled eggs with turkey sausage for breakfast.

I don’t think I could do IF.

This morning I had a thing of Kodiak Cakes Oatmeal lifted and then had my protein shake and scrambled eggs with turkey sausage for breakfast.

My wife makes the Kodiak Cakes Pancakes with Protein Powder mixed in a lot of the times. They're pretty tasty.

How much protein you getting a day? You counting macros, macbro?

I am trying to do intermittent fasting, so I haven't eaten breakfast in months. I wait until about 11:30 am and then have protein powder blended with frozen fruit and a banana. And then I try to stop eating at night by 7:30 pm. Guys, that's why I haven't told you what I have been eating for breakfast cause I know you were wondering.

I do this every day naturally but I don’t think it’s considered intermittent fasting. Isn’t it just skipping breakfast and eating dinner at a normal time?

it's about time for a NYT crossword app thread where people just post some version of the following every day:

today it took me _:_ to do the puzzle, which is ________ than normal ; the theme was ________; my streak is now __________

oh, I'm sorry - is our chatting bothering you? I'll be sure to stop then. :jerkit:

yeah and you don't want to SAY what the theme was before everybody is done, that's just rude. Come on Juice

I'm providing ombudsman services here to ensure a high-quality chat experience for all

we let a lot boring shit continue, but there are limits

You guys honestly make me wanna start doing the crossword but I don’t like being bad at things

My wife makes the Kodiak Cakes Pancakes with Protein Powder mixed in a lot of the times. They're pretty tasty.

How much protein you getting a day? You counting macros, macbro?

I need to be a lot better with my meal planning.

What’s your favorite Kubrick movie? I’m gonna go Paths of Glory. Kirk Douglas is amazing.

What’s your favorite Kubrick movie? I’m gonna go Paths of Glory. Kirk Douglas is amazing.

yeah, i think it's PoG. I love Spartcus, too. The others are great films that i thoroughly enjoyed in the days where i had infinite time but I definitely would not want to spend some time on one of them at this point in my life.

I bought the Kodiak Cakes pancake/waffle mix once and really liked it. So then I saw it at Costco and bought a huge fucking box of it containing 3 separate bags.

Came home to find out that my wife really didn't like them that first time... "They tasted too grainy or something."

So now it just sits there because I'm too lazy to make pancakes myself and my wife just makes the Krusteaz kind on the weekends and I eat those.

The giant Kodiak box mocks me every time I step into the pantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back