• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I love it when District is angry, which is always.

Basically, yeah. It's just trying to limit all of your eating to a 7-8 hour window (or smaller window, but I couldn't handle that).

Some details on how it works and benefits here - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/well/eat/the-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting.html

Since that article a randomized trial was published that suggests intermittent fasting probably doesn't actually do anything.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2771095

Chat Thread 2023: Only Fans Link in Bio

show your work then

Would you call a kid with Down syndrome a Downs kid?

Edit to add: People should be able to define themselves however they want. But it’s most respectful for others to not make presumption on whether people want to be defined by their disorder/syndrome/disease.

Last edited:
can I skip The Most Important Meal Of The Day?

would Big Breakfast really lie to me

most days:
breakfast: i usually have a couple egg mcmuffins or a bowl of cereal, or just skip it. weekends we might do eggs or pancakes
for lunch a thing of yogurt, or just skip it
come home and have some potato chips, a double cocktail and then a dinner from scratch that's a starch/veg/protein

a couple dog walks a day

bounce between 155-165 for the past 10 years.

Would you call a kid with Down syndrome a Downs kid?

ignoring the shift of the goalposts and on the off chance that you're actually looking to learn here (but really for the earnest question posed by Kory), I'll post this from the Austism Self Advocacy Network where it, among other things, discusses the nuances of neurological conditions vs. other disorders

https://autisticadvocacy.org/about-asan/identity-first-language/

perhaps there is a similar self advocacy group for Downs syndrome

Edit to add: People should be able to define themselves however they want. But it’s most respectful for others to not make presumption on whether people want to be defined by their disorder/syndrome/disease.

definitely what you were going for when you originally corrected mako

most days:
breakfast: i usually have a couple egg mcmuffins or a bowl of cereal, or just skip it. weekends we might do eggs or pancakes
for lunch a thing of yogurt, or just skip it
come home and have some potato chips, a double cocktail and then a dinner from scratch that's a starch/veg/protein

a couple dog walks a day

bounce between 155-165 for the past 10 years.

Full disclosure, ITC is 5'6".

is there any evidence for weight loss programs besides calories in less than calories out?

I buy some of the mental improvements from fasting though

ignoring the shift of the goalposts and on the off chance that you're actually looking to learn here (but really for the earnest question posed by Kory), I'll post this from the Austism Self Advocacy Network where it, among other things, discusses the nuances of neurological conditions vs. other disorders

https://autisticadvocacy.org/about-asan/identity-first-language/

perhaps there is a similar self advocacy group for Downs syndrome

interesting read. thanks. shared with therapist gf too. she says she hasn't heard of this specifically but is not surprised.

I love what Costco is about, but I don't have the storage space for buying in bulk - small pantry and only 1 fridge at my house. We go maybe 3 times a year...my FIL put my wife on his membership so we're not paying for it, otherwise we wouldn't even have a membership.

yeah I discovered this yesterday when I brought home some food from Sams. our pantry is just a big cabinet. Growing up, we had a room my parents called the Sams Room that basically held our bulk purchases. for my next house whenever that is I want a walk-in laundry/mud room and a bigger pantry.

we don't buy a lot of food there since we don't have the space and with only one toddler he doesn't eat enough to justify buying things in bulk. perhaps when he's a teen and eating us out of house and home.

Exercise folks is pea protein worth anything as a recovery drink? I know nothing about it, or about exercise nutrition science at all really. I’m using it as a post workout beverage because the wife overbought bigly and we have like 4 otherwise unused tubs of it.

is there any evidence for weight loss programs besides calories in less than calories out?

I buy some of the mental improvements from fasting though

Seems like it all needs to incorporate CI<CO one way or another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back