• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember turning down dozens of invites to see the Avetts at tiny little places growing up bc I was into big touring bands mostly. Only local bands I remember seeing in high school were Jump Little Children and David Mikush band and rock the block, obviously, though I'm sure there were others at ziggy's (help, friends?). We were seeing tons of touring bands though.

Then the moment I moved away from North Carolina the avetts became a super nostalgic treat and I saw them a dozen times at least while living in Texas. Weird how these things work

Oh man, Jump Little Children put on an absolute awful show. Saw them twice, once in Boone and once in Raleigh and both shows were just horrible. They both might be in the top 5 worst shows I've ever seen. Woof.

I decided not to get the tickets. Price too high for my interest level.

One of my friends was good friends with someone in Athenaeum. I remember hating on them just to rile my buddy up.

i think ben folds is probably missing from your list, wakephan09

grocery store rotisseries are good for using the meat for other things when you wanna cook something quickly. I used to never look up "easy weeknight meals" or whatever, choosing to do everythign the long way and if it meant dinner at 9:30, whatever. but now that we have a toddler who needs to eat on the early side I gotta do that unless I start cooking early afternoon.

Speaking of nc band nostalgia, did anyone ever see Roman Candle play?

grocery store rotisseries are good for using the meat for other things when you wanna cook something quickly. I used to never look up "easy weeknight meals" or whatever, choosing to do everythign the long way and if it meant dinner at 9:30, whatever. but now that we have a toddler who needs to eat on the early side I gotta do that unless I start cooking early afternoon.

i think we only ever use them for when we do a quick chicken noodle soup prep.

Sorry juice. Also I had the same breakfast as yesterday, washing down with coffee now.

Any of you CLT area folks, do you have a good source for freshly roasted whole bean coffee? Kind of getting tired of subpar coffee from whatever I find at the grocery store like Dunkin Donuts etc.

DUNX

https://dunxcoffee.com/

I wonder what Randolph Childress's career record is as an assistant coach.

Yo Townie!

Good rec on the Storz and Bickel Volcano.

Was delivered yesterday and we tried it out last night. Feels so much cleaner than what we've been doing.

I wonder what Randolph Childress's career record is as an assistant coach.

Speaking of, Wake women's hoops Freshman, Jewel Spear dropped 29 points yesterday and tripped up a UNC defender with a crossover....the defender didn't fall but was reeeallly close to falling. Very reminiscent of Childress 95

We were gonna go to a vineyard in Pilot Mountain this weekend but they don’t allow kids and my wife is going all Karen about that policy.

This is what I do, I can get meat for 2.5 different entrees from one of these - the dark meat/back/wing goes into like stews and stuff where texture doesnt matter too much and the white meat goes toward more traditional chicken applications. Then the carcass and trimmings goes in the freezer with veggies and when I have two in there it becomes the stock base for chicken soup. Hard to beat that versatility for $4.99. Definitely a loss leader but their loss not mine.

ehh...for $5-6 bucks I'll gladly by a rotisserie chicken so I don't have to do the work myself. I'm sure I could make a better one but the time an effort (however small of an effort that may be) are basically a non-starter for me.

Yup. The cost:time ratio is pretty favorable for grocery store roast chicken.

maybe it was i who was the scammed one making my own chickens all along

I mean if I want roast chicken I'll do it the proper way. If I want enchiladas on a weeknight, I'll do a rotisserie. But I just got a rotisserie attachment for my Kamado Joe so I def see some rotisserie chicken in my future along with things like shwarma and tacos al pastor.

maybe it was i who was the scammed one making my own chickens all along

If I’m making roast chicken as the dinner I’ll do it the real way (spatchcocked).

The grocery rotisserie’s are just for the stuff I mentioned. I’d also note that they reheat a lot better than regular cooked chicken where you get that weird gross reheated flavor. Whatever brine or shit they put on the rotisserie’s seems to cover that better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back