• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
15:57 for me. Agree this was a pretty easy Saturday. I’m just glad to have slept until 8 instead of 4 today.

15:57 for me. Agree this was a pretty easy Saturday. I’m just glad to have slept until 8 instead of 4 today.

The number of cartoons my child gets to watch on Saturday morning is directly proportional to how long it takes me to finish the crossword. So I think he was annoyed that I finished it quickly.

Hey mako. I am lifting weights (albeit light ones for now) regularly for the first time in my life. Do I need to do anything nutrition wise to help?

Just get some protein right after you finish. Cottage cheese or yogurt or powder. It’ll help with soreness. You’re still gonna be crazy sore but it’s worth it. I wouldn’t bother with any supplements other than protein powder for a bit.

If you’d like to exchange your muscle sores for cold sores, 30 minutes with Mako’s mom does the trick.

Anyone else here feel they have worse hangovers with white wine compared to red?

It’s weird...I’ve been drinking for decades and never really noticed any difference between various alcoholic beverages. But in the last months I think I’m noticing that white wine makes me feel worse.

:noidea:

It’s weird...I’ve been drinking for decades and never really noticed any difference between various alcoholic beverages. But in the last months I think I’m noticing that white wine makes me feel worse.

:noidea:

i have the same issue.

I wouldn't know as it'd never cross my mind to drink white wine

There’s too much ingrained white trash in my genetics for me to be able to appreciate wine.

To each their own!

Most of my ancestry is/was white trash. Not my upbringing, however.

There are some foods I really enjoy more with wine...red vs white vs pink depending on the food/recipe.

Real “problem” is I tend to overeat when drinking any alcoholic beverage.

To each their own!

Most of my ancestry is/was white trash. Not my upbringing, however.

There are some foods I really enjoy more with wine...red vs white vs pink depending on the food/recipe.

Real “problem” is I tend to overeat when drinking any alcoholic beverage.

You dropping truth bombs with that last sentence. I’m solid on healthy eating 95 percent of the time, but throw a couple craft beers down my gullet and I eat like a goddamn New Jersey raccoon.

Man, food lion employees are fucking unflappable. The cashier across from me just passed the fuck out in the middle of ringing groceries, and while she’s regaining consciousness and I’m checking her pulse and breath rate and looking for signs of concussion, the manager just jumps right back on her register and keeps checking people out.

Beers fill me up, I can just skip dinner if I've got a 6 pack. I don't get the beer increasing hunger thing.

There’s too much ingrained white trash in my genetics for me to be able to appreciate wine.

Anything above a $20-25 bottle of wine is basically wasted on me. I can't say the same about cognac, tequila or bourbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back