• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife read a story about a Texan sleeping in her car to avoid freezing to death so now I'm about to be on my way home to make sure our chimney that we've never used is unobstructed even though we have an emergency generator and it's going to be 45 on Friday. Looking forward to getting up on the roof.

so plama claims to have never eaten hot sauce but eats a lot of wings. have you never had a single Buffalo wing? I know you said you don't order them, but surely you've one or two in your day.

My wife read a story about a Texan sleeping in her car to avoid freezing to death so now I'm about to be on my way home to make sure our chimney that we've never used is unobstructed even though we have an emergency generator and it's going to be 45 on Friday. Looking forward to getting up on the roof.

my sister in Houston went to a coworker who had power's house last night and brought her dog and cat

it's going to be funny when texas decides that the appropriate response to this fiasco is to put someone in charge of making sure utilities are run to prepare for these once per century events. we'll call this someone a "regulator."

We're trying to find help for our Texas employees and hearing the same stories, including a person who fell asleep in their car until it ran out of gas and luckily their kid came out and woke them up. No hotels, limited warming shelters, but some local coworkers offered up their homes. Rough time for something like that during COVID. But if you want to be the wild west, here's the wild west for you, Texas.

looking to expand my hot sauce options

share your faves

My wife's old roommate runs marketing for Heatonist (the company that supplies the hot sauce for the excellent web series Hot Ones): https://heatonist.com/

There are some really excellent sauces starting here for adding different flavor profiles to a dish: https://heatonist.com/collections/medium-hot-sauces and then once you get into Hot and Hotter Hot levels you're getting less interesting flavor and more blow your palate out hot stuff. I really like this one: https://heatonist.com/collections/m...river-sauces-cheeba-gold?variant=378308132873

We're trying to find help for our Texas employees and hearing the same stories, including a person who fell asleep in their car until it ran out of gas and luckily their kid came out and woke them up. No hotels, limited warming shelters, but some local coworkers offered up their homes. Rough time for something like that during COVID. But if you want to be the wild west, here's the wild west for you, Texas.

Do Texans not have coats and hooded sweatshirts? We lost power for like a week during the blizzard of 93, and also for multiple days every winter growing up, but we just layered up and slept under a couple of extra blankets at night.

After typing this, I kinda realize it sounds like a heartless 2and2 response, but damn. You still have indoor shelter. Figure it out, people.

Gotta get those gas ranges instead of electric (vented to the outside of course). Save your life.

Do Texans not have coats and hooded sweatshirts? We lost power for like a week during the blizzard of 93, and also for multiple days every winter growing up, but we just layered up and slept under a couple of extra blankets at night.

After typing this, I kinda realize it sounds like a heartless 2and2 response, but damn. You still have indoor shelter. Figure it out, people.

Do you know how much the average Texn eats in two days ? They're running out of food and a cannibalistic apocalypse is eminent.

reminds me of an all time great tweet

At least your wife is hot tho.

mako1331;3660410[B said:
]Do Texans not have coats and hooded sweatshirts? [/B] We lost power for like a week during the blizzard of 93, and also for multiple days every winter growing up, but we just layered up and slept under a couple of extra blankets at night.

No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back