• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dame just pulled up one step behind the midcourt line for a shot...too bad it missed.

I forgot I bought a pack of Reese’s at the store today & stuck them in the freezer. Found them when I just went to get some ice. Talk about a good way to end the weekend.

I went birding this evening after dropping my kid off at her mom’s house and among the 44 species I saw included a Ruddy duck, a Sora, a Swallow tailed kite and a Wilson’s Snipe. Talk about a great way to end the weekend!

Cugino Forno is expanding to Durham. Any CT folks been to one of the Triad locations?

It’s good but I only eat it when I’m at Incendiary. Otherwise I stick to Burke/Mario’s

@qcdeac
1. You have been really quiet lately
2. Is Fast and Furious 9 being filmed in our neighborhood tonight? So many loud cars racing down Randolph.

We can steal the shit out of this chat thread Diggler.

How was your weekend, friend?

It was pretty good thanks for asking. Went to Madeira with the Mrs. for our two year. Someone a while back asked about good mountain biking in Portugal, and I saw alot of that in Madeira. May have some good news to share in a couple weeks also. How was yours?

meh. I am working way too hard right now, and spent a lot of the weekend sitting right where I am now. I have team members getting hired by other firms because we aren't paying enough and that's tough. Goal is to make it through Thursday with team intact, projects under control, and me alive - then I'm taking my older boys to Colorado to look at colleges and ski/snowboard for a couple of days.

The next week will be more of the same too - and I'm in charge of our boy scout troop campout that weekend. Hopefully the weather will be good by then.

you?

It was pretty good thanks for asking. Went to Madeira with the Mrs. for our two year. Someone a while back asked about good mountain biking in Portugal, and I saw alot of that in Madeira. May have some good news to share in a couple weeks also. How was yours?

Pretty solid. Did some hiking with some buddies and the kids at hanging rock and then hit up a nice little brewery. A little windy, but other than that, pretty exceptional

meh. I am working way too hard right now, and spent a lot of the weekend sitting right where I am now. I have team members getting hired by other firms because we aren't paying enough and that's tough. Goal is to make it through Thursday with team intact, projects under control, and me alive - then I'm taking my older boys to Colorado to look at colleges and ski/snowboard for a couple of days.

The next week will be more of the same too - and I'm in charge of our boy scout troop campout that weekend. Hopefully the weather will be good by then.

you?

What colleges you looking at?

University of Colorado and Denver University. One of my boys was accepted to both (yet got denied by UNCW - go figure.)

University of Colorado and Denver University. One of my boys was accepted to both (yet got denied by UNCW - go figure.)

Good choices. My sister's little friend would be a sophmore at CU right now but decided to take the year off because of Covid, unfortunately or not her parents had already rented her an apartment so rather than break the lease she is skiing all over Colorado right now.

poor thing. pretty sure that's my son's endgame, which is why I'm having him commit to picking up a pretty good chunk of the incremental cost to go to school out there vs in state. (I may end up paying it all off for him later, but TBD depending on his effort.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back