• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people are clamoring for the vaccination of BiffTannen.

You should fact check their power outage claim...You probably have the address of your students, right? You can check the power grid. Would be funny to catch them in a lie.

Not cool man. Let the kids have a day off

Give kids these days an inch and they take a mile. Next thing you know these same kids who lied about not having power will be behind the school smoking cigarettes and getting hand jobs from gothic chicks in their cars.

Tell Ginny that I do more in 5 mins of Zoom teaching that's she's done in her entire congressional career. I'm genuinely upset that I no longer live in the 5th district, it would be an honor to run against her and spend every dollar I raised trying to ruin her remaining days on this earth, even if I had zero chance of winning.

Don’t let your dreams just be dreams.

Or

As Leslie Knope’s campaign says - Catch Your Dreams!

Our daycare costs a mortgage payment but the sanity for us and social education for the kids is not measurable with money.

Plus we’ve gotten a few tuition breaks here and there this winter as potential covid exposure has shut the school down for a few two week periods...

we're just buying time with my mother in law here thru the end of april

she's not really 100% capable of the job, which is pretty physical, but it's better than the two of us managing on our own, which is what some working parents seem to be trying

i have two weeks in may that end my parental leave, and then we've got to figure out the next thing, and whether that's day care or a nanny, it'd buy a nice house in winston

i'm sort of in denial about it, but it's not like my wife or me quitting would solve anything, that would certainly make it harder to pay the mortgage than just paying for childcare

universal childcare seems like a no brainer to me, but was just listening to a podcast about this and who the left and right each have in mind when they think about the types of people they wouldn't want a program like that to support/pay for

seems like no matter your politics, keeping kids out of poverty and malnutrition and getting them early good starts in education and care is a good idea

Just had a breakout room conversation with a student who's been missing all week. Turns out a shooting took place at her apartment complex last weekend, and they've been trying to pack and move out this week. She's really a turned a corner this year and is trying to graduate on time this year despite of a learning disability. She lives with grandma, cousin (who I also teach and is a great kid) and her elementary aged niece who she was helping with school back when we were 100% remote.

I'm going to stop complaining about anything now.

Give kids these days an inch and they take a mile. Next thing you know these same kids who lied about not having power will be behind the school smoking cigarettes and getting hand jobs from gothic chicks in their cars.

Or faking COVID to keep from going to work for 2&2

Our daycare costs a mortgage payment but the sanity for us and social education for the kids is not measurable with money.

Plus we’ve gotten a few tuition breaks here and there this winter as potential covid exposure has shut the school down for a few two week periods...

Yeah, we would save a bit of money if my wife stayed home but neither of us are really cut out to be full time stay at home parents, our kids love the socialization, and my wife is in the best job situation she’s had in her career and we don’t want to put that at risk.

One nice thing that has happened with the pandemic is her company has become more flexible with hours, so we don’t have to get the kids up early and out the door, we can let them sleep in a bit so mornings are a lot easier.

Plus my oldest starts kindergarten this fall so at least our daycare bill will be cut in half.

we got a coffee maker as a wedding gift in 2013. it took me until early last year to go through the original full box of 150 filters we first bought. I only used to make it on weekends, and not if I woke up late, before having a kid. bought another box in January last year and between having a baby + the pandemic just had to buy another box of 150 filters.

Coffee is one of the few vices I never had. I never could get the taste and stopped trying.

Here's a scary thought- Me after three double espressos.

we got a coffee maker as a wedding gift in 2013. it took me until early last year to go through the original full box of 150 filters we first bought. I only used to make it on weekends, and not if I woke up late, before having a kid. bought another box in January last year and between having a baby + the pandemic just had to buy another box of 150 filters.

I buy my filters in packs of 600. Just reupped last month. 10/10 would recommend.

Melitta #4 Cone Coffee Filters, Natural Brown, 100 Count (Pack of 6) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E5E0SI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_80WJW2B87JG2Q4890PK0

I'm a coffee addict but haven't been able to stomach it since getting sick last weekend. I'm going to use this sudden new found aversion to coffee and work on limiting my caffeine input. From 5-6/day to 1-2/day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back