• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toad the Wet Sprocket played Wait Chapel in 1992 or so. They had a few good songs. it was fine. I don't care about them at all now.

Is Toad in the Violent Femmes category?

Early 90's music is still so strange to me. Probably because I was six and listening to Garth Brooks cassettes.

exactly what category is that? "groups of people who play music together"? because I don't think of them having any overlap.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/university-handbook-encourages-staff-to-adopt-gender-neutral-language

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...r/news-story/bedde8c10621bcf23ab18b8cec7ffb95

This is good stuff. Learning a lot at University here in Canberra.

TAustralia’s leading university has encouraged staff to use “parent-inclusive language”, such as “chestfeeding” instead of “breastfeeding” and “human milk” rather than “mother’s milk”.

Similarly, the terms “mother” and “father” should be replaced with “gestational” and “nongestational” parent, according to the Australian National University’s Gender-Inclusive Handbook.

It cites a 2019 study by researcher Lauren Dinour, who claimed that “heterosexual and woman-focused lactation language … can misgender, isolate, and harm transmasculine parents and non-heteronormative families”.

“It is therefore recommended to use the terms ‘breast/chest feeding’ and ‘human/parent’s milk’, rather than ‘breastfeeding’ and ‘mother’s milk’ to describe lactation,” the handbook states.

“When discussing childbirth, use the terms ‘gestational’ or ‘birthing’ parent rather than ‘mother’, and the terms ‘nongestational’ or ‘nonbirthing’ parent rather than ‘father’.”

The guide says this non-gendered language is “particularly important in clinical or abstract academic discussions of childbirth and parenthood, both to recognise the identities of students in the class, and to model inclusive behaviour for students entering clinical practice”.

I am a non-gestational parent. In case youi're too stupid to figure that out on your own.

Like soft alt rock?

IDK, I literally can't think of one Toad song.

Maybe its just best that I forget they exist. Was Weird Al an early 90's thing?

love too wake up and get furious at higher ed libs cause of the news said so

Disappointed this thread wasn't called "subject nerd agreement."

Everclear is Late 90's - us older millennials are allowed to claim them too

Just saying. I freaking loved Santa Monica.

"Chevy Levy" was probably the dumbest...nickname/encouragement thing? in all of sports

i kind of want to kick that person in ze gestational parts

That whole album was excellent despite having just the one hit. They’re still active btw. Went on tour with Local H a few years ago.

Now I'm gonna listen to Bound for the Floor.

Also, this song is amazing but is almost ruined by that stupid suffer suffer fake ass rap/reggae section.

Now I'm gonna listen to Bound for the Floor.

Also, this song is amazing but is almost ruined by that stupid suffer suffer fake ass rap/reggae section.

aww man my local rock station seemingly played this every other song whenever it was a hit (98?)

on a related note, I've been listening to SiriusXM's Lithium when cooking with my son and he seems to enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back