• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rank the following beaches:

Southern California, Northern California, North Carolina, Chicago, New Jersey, Texas, Florida gulf, Florida Atlantic

Southern California, Florida Gulf, North Carolina, Northern California, Florida Atlantic, New Jersey, Texas, Chicago.

The gulf water is full of silt with turns it brown and makes the sand look gross. Particularly around Galveston. Also you get all the gulf remnants washing up on the beach.

The only "nice" beaches are down near South Padre, but neither of us could afford house a there and you're so far away from everything that you may as well just move to Mexico. I flew to Austin, got a sinus infection, then drove to South Padre for a bachelor party and holy shit was it a long trip. Ended up paying like $250 to change my flight and fly directly back out of Brownsville, instead of driving back with the boys afterwards. Couldn't do it.

Corpus on down is alright.

Padre Island National Seashore is one of my favorite camping spots because you can post up on a dope beach and be miles and miles away from anyone.

Southern California, Florida Gulf, North Carolina, Northern California, Florida Atlantic, New Jersey, Texas, Chicago.

I can't comment on Texas, but this seems about right. I know that the beaches in Gulfport and Biloxi were the grossest I've ever been to and it's not even close. Also Virginia Beach sucks.

Northern California/Oregon would probably be my number 1, but it is always so fucking cold.

Aunt has a farm in Gulalala which fucking slaps and the surf fucking is a one way ride to fucking slap city, but it is just a little to cold. Probably best for surfing tho because SoCal gets so fucking crowded with Kooks are nar nar locals that it makes it not fun.

Outer Banks when it's firing and fully nuking also slaps.

pretty sure i want a round trip ticket to slap city

catamount:

giphy.gif

one thing I'm not into is traveling long distance for a beach-centric trip, unless it's going to involve something like scuba diving or camping or something

paying a lot of money to just hang out on the beach -- especially in a resort-type environment -- has limited appeal to me

ideally, you can build in a beach day or two into a longer trip, like Rio or the Mexican coast or something like that

but a trip to, like, the DR to sit in a resort is not for me

driving to OBX for a week is cool though

one thing I'm not into is traveling long distance for a beach-centric trip, unless it's going to involve something like scuba diving or camping or something

paying a lot of money to just hang out on the beach -- especially in a resort-type environment -- has limited appeal to me

ideally, you can build in a beach day or two into a longer trip, like Rio or the Mexican coast or something like that

weren't you talking about getting a place on the Mexico/Belize coast for the winter to WFH?

I'm not sure, bro. I've been lucky enough to do a lot of traveling but the best 10 days of my life took place at a Sandals resort in St. Lucia. It was my honeymoon, though. And, you know, my wife.

I'm not sure, bro. I've been lucky enough to do a lot of traveling but the best 10 days of my life took place at a Sandals resort in St. Lucia. It was my honeymoon, though. And, you know, my wife.

We also honeymooned in St. Lucia. Cap Maison, though. Otherwise, that would have been REALLY weird.

I am not a sit on the beach and chill guy. That's boring I need to be doing something. Camping/Surfing/Sailing/Boating/Banging Mako's mom, just something.

I never understood the let's go to an all inclusive resort, not leave the resort, and sit around with gross fat mouth breathers.

No thanks.

I agree with Juice. A beach vacay isn't my thing. A day or two at the beach in the middle of a larger vacation is one thing, but I have no desire to spend a week sitting at a beachfront resort. We did spend a few days sailing around BVI in 2019 and that was baller, and we have tentative plans to spend a week in November sailing around Guadeloupe, but I find that to be a little more interesting than a resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back