• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mako a story about bradbury

at wake in a creative writing class we were supposed to have a big video chat with bradbury at the end of the semester and get to ask him a bunch of questions about process and his career

he couldn't get the video link to work, and the event had to be canceled

it struck me as appropriate given the writer

secy video

secy song

libs probably want to cancel

I never realized .38 Special had the whole dual drummer thing.

@mako a story about bradbury

at wake in a creative writing class we were supposed to have a big video chat with bradbury at the end of the semester and get to ask him a bunch of questions about process and his career

he couldn't get the video link to work, and the event had to be canceled

it struck me as appropriate given the writer

Do you have a favorite Bradbury story?? My freshmen always love The Veldt because 14 year olds apparently all hate their parents.

Pretty brilliant theme in today’s crossword. Clue writing was really creative. Finished in 24:50.

#crosswordtalk

Hey! While we're on the topic of early 80s music video weirdness with potentially underage girls...

something I think about a lot is what things we currently believe that are just flat out wrong

I was reading about the early history of inoculation and the medical thinking of the day around humorism and whatnot and how it really wasn't that long ago

Do you have a favorite Bradbury story?? My freshmen always love The Veldt because 14 year olds apparently all hate their parents.

The Foghorn is one of my all time fav short stories

So weird and fun

Oh man I have to dig out my copy of The Illustrated Man. Kaleidoscope is the one that stuck with me the most. "Make a wish..."

Pretty brilliant theme in today’s crossword. Clue writing was really creative. Finished in 24:50.

#crosswordtalk

I put Kelly ripa and somehow instantly knew that’d be wrong but took a bit to figure it out. The theme saved me once I knew the trick. 27:45

something I think about a lot is what things we currently believe that are just flat out wrong

I was reading about the early history of inoculation and the medical thinking of the day around humorism and whatnot and how it really wasn't that long ago

I also think about this a lot.

For example, we still don't seem to know shit about what a proper diet is.

You have to think that broadly we are more accurate with our current beliefs that we used to be... But then you think about fairly recent convential wisdom examples that were LOL bad. Struggling to think of a specific one, but give me some time...

How are the roads out your way? I just saw the dog fall down the back porch steps and decided I’m gonna give it a couple hours before I go out today.

We really do need to set up a time to get some wings and beers with knight soon.

I went to the coffee park on Reynolda. Looking like a nothing burger. They're already pulling back on predictions. I went and loaded up on beer and snacks at Lowes just in case.

Wings indeed bro.

what the hell is going on here with multiquote....can't see anything.

damn opentable was like hey 5000 points are about to expire in march

wtf i'm not about to go to waldo's with mako and crew, how am i supposed to use these shits, i'm staying tf inside

In the future the way we treat cancer will seems insanely barbaric and ineffective, like leaching blood dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back