• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t he a big MAGA hunter? Mike Pence getting a chub in his pleated khakis. Might even attend a full quarter or half of a game.

Decided to volunteer to be a full day dad today with no school and my wife still working from home. So my MIL, who's our normal daycare service, stayed at home. After our third cycle of me handing my son the same 5-6 toys for two minutes until he got bored and wanted the next one, I realize that I could use some reinforcements.

Around lunch I remembered that we skipped a visit to my mom's last weekend due to me being sick, so I called her, picked her up and she played with the boy from 1:30-4:30 while I hung out, cleaned a little, and scrolled Twitter. Not a bad afternoon.

They fact that daycare workers don't make $30/hour is criminal.

Yeah I love my son no doubt but it’s damn near impossible to WFH with him right now. Was relieved that his daycare was only on a 2 hour delay today. At least my wife was also home today.

Yeah I love my son no doubt but it’s damn near impossible to WFH with him right now. Was relieved that his daycare was only on a 2 hour delay today. At least my wife was also home today.

daycare cancelled due to 2" of snow. day shot

I decided to look at the Billboard Hot 100 chart

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100

artists in the top 20 I've never heard of: Olivia Rodrigo, 24kGoldn, iann dior, Dua Lipa, CJ, Luke Combs, Pooh Shiesty, Jhay Cortez, Gabby Barrett

What manager says “yeah, Pooh shiesty is a great name, go with that one.” I feel so out of touch with pop culture but I don’t hate that.

I will say that that drivers license song is a bop & Luke is an App St guy so kinda cool. Other than that, not a clue on any of that list.

Yeah it is impossible. We'd be screwed without my MIL. My mom wants to help, but she's visually impaired and is only comfortable holding/reading to him, which he was luckily in the mood for this afternoon. I knew that moving back near our parents was a good move for when we had kids, but I never understood how clutch it was. Its totally worth not being able to go to cool concerts on the regular anymore, which is really all I miss about living in Raleigh. I miss way more about Austin, but the cost of living anywhere worthwhile with a child in that city was just stupid. My only friends who got married, had kids, and still live in Austin are VC bros.

The other part that stinks is that I don't even get to veg about and watch TV since we're trying to keep him away screens as much as possible. My wife has gone into Nazi mode about that recently. He gets to watch Everton matches with me, but that's it. And normally only a half. I know that's a good thing, but it would have been cool to lay around and watch some dumb TV today. Ya know?

I just listened to the Drivers License song for the first time. I'm surprised, definitely thought it was going to be a Friday type song.

Its aight. I'm could feel the angst. The F bomb caught me off guard.

We had a nanny start on Tuesday, then she bailed on Wednesday, and then she was here again today. We will see how it goes.

They fact that daycare workers don't make $30/hour is criminal.

Can you imagine what daycare would cost if they did?

We are already at a point where it barely makes sense when #2 gets here for my wife to keep working.

Can you imagine what daycare would cost if they did?

We are already at a point where it barely makes sense when #2 gets here for my wife to keep working.

Universal Child Care bro. Paying daycare workers slum wages is the sign of a failed state.

I just listened to the Drivers License song for the first time. I'm surprised, definitely thought it was going to be a Friday type song.

Its aight. I'm could feel the angst. The F bomb caught me off guard.

Yeah bop was the wrong word. I think it is definitely listenable.

I think the friday equivalent would be one of the damelio’s made a song that says “ For one day, one day I was really, really, really, really sad. For one day, one whole day I missed you really, really, really, really bad.”

I wish I didn’t know this a but a friend sent it to me so I could hate myself for listening.

Also Zac Brown has quite possibly a song that is worse than Friday called Swayze. Apparently he tried to foray into pop last year and it is awful. 10/10 do recommend so I’m not the only one that had to suffer hearing it.

today's crossword was challenging but fair. coffee for breakfast (so far).

I pay a lady down the road 20 dollars a day to watch the 2 year old while we work. She has now basically become a member of our family.

Already had a few kids message me this morning that their power is out, guessing Zoom attendance is going to be low today. We're five mins into first period and no one has showed up to my 7-student LAS elective course.

So what do y'all want to chat about on this Freaky Friday?

I pay a lady down the road 20 dollars a day to watch the 2 year old while we work. She has now basically become a member of our family.

That was what your mom charged when I first got to know her. Fortunately her rates are free at this point with the frequency of our visits.

Already had a few kids message me this morning that their power is out, guessing Zoom attendance is going to be low today. We're five mins into first period and no one has showed up to my 7-student LAS elective course.

So what do y'all want to chat about on this Freaky Friday?

You should fact check their power outage claim...You probably have the address of your students, right? You can check the power grid. Would be funny to catch them in a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back