• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemex filters, especially the circles, have been a nightmare to find during the pandemic. After using lesser filters for a few months, finally got a delivery of 400 a couple weeks ago after then came off backorder. I don't need coffee and it's not a habit for me, but I do like it. My wife requires her morning coffee, so I at least make one cup every morning for her.

When I don't feel like coffee in the morning but still want something, I found a new darjeeling earl grey that is pretty fantastic. Its from Tea Pig. I like darjeeling because it's not so in your face like a lot of other black teas, and the bergamot in this one is also pretty subtle compared to others. I defs recommend.

Whats the difference between cancelling someone and them having to face the consequences of their own actions?

I used to do manual brews every day but got sick of making it 2-3 times a day as they are all single serve brewers so I recently bought a Bonavita machine. I love it, might be one of my favorite purchases.

Whats the difference between cancelling someone and them having to face the consequences of their own actions?

Depends on whether you think someone should ever be able to rehab and re-enter society. Seems like most people interested in cancelling have no interest in contrition.

I got a burr grinder for Christmas and I can't really tell a difference in taste, but having an attached container that needs to be refilled with beans once a week is nice

there's a severe lack of forgiveness and reconciliation in public discourse and I'm as guilty as anyone

canceling is so damn cathartic

I used to do manual brews every day but got sick of making it 2-3 times a day as they are all single serve brewers so I recently bought a Bonavita machine. I love it, might be one of my favorite purchases.

it's a little tedious but except in the morning when i might be in a hurry it's usually a 8 min zen time to just doomscroll without guilt. also, the machines still can't quite match the manual brew for me and i don't really like the coffee sitting in the machine or cleaning the machine (wife doesn't drink coffee regularly)

I ran out of oat milk early in the week and have been going black coffee for consecutive days for the first time in a while

I miss my oat milk -- I'm soft

Brasky you’re drinking 5-6 coffees a day? Holy shit man. Even on my worst days I have an iced coffee in the morning and a second in the afternoon.

there's a severe lack of forgiveness and reconciliation in public discourse and I'm as guilty as anyone

canceling is so damn cathartic

I think there are examples out there of the masses dredging up bad tweets and the subject reacting well and making it clear they made mistakes (i.e. James Gunn) or the subject doubling down and being an asshole (i.e. Bean Dad). The former has been forgiven pretty quickly.

it's a little tedious but except in the morning when i might be in a hurry it's usually a 8 min zen time to just doomscroll without guilt. also, the machines still can't quite match the manual brew for me and i don't really like the coffee sitting in the machine or cleaning the machine (wife doesn't drink coffee regularly)

Yeah I think I get a better cup with an aeropress or clever but it’s not a world of difference for me. There are some incredibly good machines that make a better cup than a manual brew, but they’re normally pretty expensive. I went with a bonavita on recommendation from family & it is is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (whatever that means).

Also coffee still makes me run to the bathroom almost immediately after I finish drinking it.

Yeah I think I get a better cup with an aeropress or clever but it’s not a world of difference for me. There are some incredibly good machines that make a better cup than a manual brew, but they’re normally pretty expensive. I went with a bonavita on recommendation from family & it is is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (whatever that means).

yeah supposedly it brews coffee hotter than normal machines which is supposedly better. at least that was the claim on the circa 2013 model I have, could be different now.

have a Chemex I very rarely use and one of those Italian stovetop units I use sometimes if I remember to pick-up some espresso ground beans. I have a cheap Krups blade grinder and am thinking about asking for a burr grinder for Christmas to see if the hype is justified. can anyone attest to a big difference by making that particular switch?

I think there are examples out there of the masses dredging up bad tweets and the subject reacting well and making it clear they made mistakes (i.e. James Gunn) or the subject doubling down and being an asshole (i.e. Bean Dad). The former has been forgiven pretty quickly.

yeah exactly - there are two paths

To me it seems like someone does something bad and they are held accountable for it. They don’t show remorse and claim they are being cancelled for it.

Cancellation feels great but people also love a redemption story. When you can get the outraged cancellation and an immediate redemption it’s like narrative orgasm.

I'm thinking of making that .38 Special video go viral like a new Rick Roll. Hacking Amazon.com right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back