• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran out of oat milk early in the week and have been going black coffee for consecutive days for the first time in a while

I miss my oat milk -- I'm soft

The 2yo wakes up every morning asking for a bowl of oatmeal and I always respond “ok, I’ll make you a bowl of goat milk” and then she loses her shit and my day is all pretty much downhill from there.

The 2yo wakes up every morning asking for a bowl of oatmeal and I always respond “ok, I’ll make you a bowl of goat milk” and then she loses her shit and my day is all pretty much downhill from there.

pretty good bit

Brasky you’re drinking 5-6 coffees a day? Holy shit man. Even on my worst days I have an iced coffee in the morning and a second in the afternoon.

Yeah dude I'm an addict. Thats why I'm using this weird sick taste bud period to detox.

Yeah dude I'm an addict. Thats why I'm using this weird sick taste bud period to detox.

when I was sick last week I had to throw away basically a full pot of beef bourginon. I made it Monday night and felt fine but woke up Tuesday feeling like shit and by the time I could stomach food toward the end of the week I just had no desire to eat it even though it was delicious and not what made me sick.

it's a little tedious but except in the morning when i might be in a hurry it's usually a 8 min zen time to just doomscroll without guilt. also, the machines still can't quite match the manual brew for me and i don't really like the coffee sitting in the machine or cleaning the machine (wife doesn't drink coffee regularly)

Our machine is essentially a pour over machine (Ratio 8). Since the coffee never actually touches the machine there really isn't much to clean. We should clean the water holder every once in a while, but so far we haven't had a need. We've used those meiltta filters, but they don't really fit in the filter holder very well. The Chemex ones are about the only ones that fit perfectly. We have a metal filter that fits well, but it's more of a pain to clean than tossing the filter in the trash.

so my parents are conservative boomers who take some precautions but otherwise are bad COVID people (vacations/restaurants/etc). They went on their annual two-week vacay to the Keys with my uncle/wife and their good friends and of course almost all of them developed COVID.

My dad lost his smell/taste and that's it. Got the trump shot infusion treatment and has had zero other symptoms. Mother dodged the bullet. I talked to him yesterday and he's like "yeah, basically everyone i know has had COVID. Some people got pretty sick but mostly everyone is fine. The no-smell thing sucks but oh well. We're leaving for Disney World in a few days".

Me, who has lived quarantined and only hung out with two other families since March:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
yeah

another pretty frustrating thing about the ITC parents and 2&2s of the world who only point to deaths and bad cases is that the lack of precautions have created a situation where the vaccine can't be as effective in eliminating the virus' spread and all these variants are popping up that are more resistant to vaccines, which also leads to problems around messaging and vaccine effectiveness and all becomes this anti-masker self-fulfilling prophecy of vaccine and precautionary ineffectiveness

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/business/media/pj-vogt-reply-all.html

shit man

i have lots of thoughts about this, but i feel like you'd have to have listened to a ton of gimlet podcasts for any of my commentary to make any sense, which feels pretty niche

i liked pj though, this sucks to read about

felt like the little miniseries they were doing about bon apetit was promising, but it sounds like a similar atmosphere had developed at gimlet

i never really liked the company founder, alex, even going back to this american life days

felt like his "climate change isn't that bad" podcast was a bit on the nose

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/business/media/pj-vogt-reply-all.html

shit man

i have lots of thoughts about this, but i feel like you'd have to have listened to a ton of gimlet podcasts for any of my commentary to make any sense, which feels pretty niche

i liked pj though, this sucks to read about

felt like the little miniseries they were doing about bon apetit was promising, but it sounds like a similar atmosphere had developed at gimlet

i never really liked the company founder, alex, even going back to this american life days

felt like his "climate change isn't that bad" podcast was a bit on the nose

After a ton of gimlets, either everything will make sense or nothing will.

My wife was bombing a phone interview so badly just now that she kicked me out of the car and now I’m just aimlessly wandering around kohl’s.

this is a very soothing video for a Friday afternoon. I just watched the whole thing in fullscreen:

i think we cruised this section of the river on viking about 14 months ago. it was fantastic. Amsterdam is a beautiful city.

i think we cruised this section of the river on viking about 14 months ago. it was fantastic. Amsterdam is a beautiful city.

yeah one of my favorites. I connect through there most of the time when going to Finland for work so next time I'll need to schedule a long weekend there, which I've done a couple of times since starting at my company.

I get so many spam calls & a ton of texts asking to buy the same house in Greensboro that I've never even seen, not sure how they think I own it. If I've had a drink or two, I'll decide to waste their time and shoot back with an absolutely outrageous price.

I've never been to Amsterdam or the Netherlands but I want to. pedestrian/bike friendly cities ftw.

i only spent like 24 hours in Amsterdam and didn't get on a bike myself, but you gotta be a pretty confident cyclist (like me) to ride there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back