• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of endings of things, what do you think they chances are that HBO will redo the final season of GOT? Has there ever been a worst ending to such a successful and popular TV show? I saw a tweet the other day about just how historically shitty is was, and I think HBO could get a way with redoing the entire final season.

Speaking of endings of things, what do you think they chances are that HBO will redo the final season of GOT? Has there ever been a worst ending to such a successful and popular TV show? I saw a tweet the other day about just how historically shitty is was, and I think HBO could get a way with redoing the entire final season.

<1%

However, maybe I'm wrong and they'll reconsider in 10 years when all of the books have been finished and we know the "real" ending.

The problem then is the actors will be older (or dead).

Agree that 18 holes is too much, but I think 14 is the correct amount. And I really enjoy golf.

I’d argue 12. I usually feel revitalized after taking a short break after 9, but by 11 and 12 I’m usually over it. 12 hole golf outing with a beer/snack break after 7 or 8 would be ideal.

I think I've talked about this before, but most of the golf I play is with the wife and we drag the kids along. They run around outside for four hours and putt on the greens, and my wife is pretty good and also kind of competitive, so it's pretty much a perfect activity for a warm afternoon. Plus the 5yo has gotten pretty damn good at finding balls in the woods, and often comes out with handfuls of them. We buy them from her at a quarter a pop because she's stupid and doesn't understand money.

36 is rough but I really like to play 27. Problem is they only let you have your name on the tee sheet once a day so you have to sign your kid up and play in their place. Typically I get wasted when I'm playing that much golf.

teenage me cried (and laughed) uncontrollably during dumb and dumber

I sold some stuff.
to who?
billy in 4C
The blind kid?
pretty bird...

I cry at everything but an older movie called My Life had us passing tissues back and forth between us and struggling not to sob out loud. Do not recommend. My Girl also gets me everytime... clearly.

damn. i forgot about my life. that movie crushed me. when his dad shaves him? oof.

Have never seen My Life but makes me think of the recently passed NFL writer Chris Wesseling. I’d been listening to his podcast for 7 years so I feel a little bit like I knew him. Heard about his dating his future wife, then he battled cancer, recovered, got married, had a son, and unfortunately the cancer returned and he died about three weeks ago with his son not even a year old. Has hit me and feel like I lost a friend I never got to meet

Dang DF09, I never knew this exploding brain was a thing. I get that every so often, but more the hallucinated lights than the sounds. Sometimes both.

Nice change from the usual sleep paralysis and night terrors

I think I've talked about this before, but most of the golf I play is with the wife and we drag the kids along. They run around outside for four hours and putt on the greens, and my wife is pretty good and also kind of competitive, so it's pretty much a perfect activity for a warm afternoon. Plus the 5yo has gotten pretty damn good at finding balls in the woods, and often comes out with handfuls of them. We buy them from her at a quarter a pop because she's stupid and doesn't understand money.

lol me and df09 used to go into the woods at a golf course that used to be across from the family mtn house and just find tons of golf balls because no one wanted to traverse the steep terrain to go retrieve ones they mis-hit.. our dad and his buddies also bought them from us at a quarter a pop

felt so rich getting like 10 bucks just for exploring in the woods

lol me and df09 used to go into the woods at a golf course that used to be across from the family mtn house and just find tons of golf balls because no one wanted to traverse the steep terrain to go retrieve ones they mis-hit.. our dad and his buddies also bought them from us at a quarter a pop

felt so rich getting like 10 bucks just for exploring in the woods

so youre telling us you stole golf balls from the Public Sphere . Nice admission thief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back