• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Juice. A beach vacay isn't my thing. A day or two at the beach in the middle of a larger vacation is one thing, but I have no desire to spend a week sitting at a beachfront resort. We did spend a few days sailing around BVI in 2019 and that was baller, and we have tentative plans to spend a week in November sailing around Guadeloupe, but I find that to be a little more interesting than a resort.

If you go to Guadeloupe, you should binge watch the British detective show, Death in Paradise. It's filmed there. Great visuals and some laughs.

i like obx life where you do spend time at the beach but also ride bikes and get ice cream and go fishing and party w live music and such things

salt-life.jpg

I am not a sit on the beach and chill guy. That's boring I need to be doing something. Camping/Surfing/Sailing/Boating/Banging Mako's mom, just something.

I never understood the let's go to an all inclusive resort, not leave the resort, and sit around with gross fat mouth breathers.

No thanks.

Yeah, I guess even though we were at Sandals we were diving/snorkeling/hiking/waterskiing most days. We also did a lot of laying on the beach and drinking.

I'm not sure, bro. I've been lucky enough to do a lot of traveling but the best 10 days of my life took place at a Sandals resort in St. Lucia. It was my honeymoon, though. And, you know, my wife.

Sounds dope. I have not really loved my time in St. Lucia but I have never stayed at a resort there only on boats, some of the harbors are sketch.

St. Vincent is worse, buts once you get down to Bequay and south things get fucking dope. I know Bequay is technically a sister island to St. Vincent but they are NOTHING alike.

Northern California/Oregon would probably be my number 1, but it is always so fucking cold.

Aunt has a farm in Gulalala which fucking slaps and the surf fucking is a one way ride to fucking slap city, but it is just a little to cold. Probably best for surfing tho because SoCal gets so fucking crowded with Kooks are nar nar locals that it makes it not fun.

Outer Banks when it's firing and fully nuking also slaps.

This post makes me happy

I agree with Juice. A beach vacay isn't my thing. A day or two at the beach in the middle of a larger vacation is one thing, but I have no desire to spend a week sitting at a beachfront resort. We did spend a few days sailing around BVI in 2019 and that was baller, and we have tentative plans to spend a week in November sailing around Guadeloupe, but I find that to be a little more interesting than a resort.

I have been a lot of places, but I would put the BVI up there with any of them.

Cats, give me some advice on how to live like a baller on a live aboard. Covid willing, I’m doing 5 days on one around Guadalupe Island for my 40th this year to cage dive with Great Whites.

We also honeymooned in St. Lucia. Cap Maison, though. Otherwise, that would have been REALLY weird.

It gets creepier every day. Didn’t we get married around the same time, too?

weren't you talking about getting a place on the Mexico/Belize coast for the winter to WFH?

yeah but those are way different in my mind

going somewhere to live and work vs. going somewhere with limited vacation time

I guess when you live year round near the beach, it loses some of its novelty

Round trip? Why would you ever want to leave?

extremely zizek voice/what i zink is you cannot truly *snort* understand the value of the thing that slaps or the thing that whips and so forth and so on unless you also spend time among the deranged and the low, what is the based without the base/extremely zizek voice

Wow...They were using their fingers as guns and he said he happened to pick up a real gun and it shot by accident...And he flees the scene without calling for help, leaving his cell phone and wallet behind. Sounds about how the founder of Salt Life would handle things.

My buddy and I were farting on each other and I accidentally pulled my pants down and took a dump on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back