• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So cutting up pizza into small pieces for your kid is annoying. Pro tip, use scissors. So much quicker and easier.

Deacon King Kong was excellent. Will probably seek out The Good Lord Bird and Color of Water too, I like McBride’s writing. Some of the dialog is a bit much but the stream of consciousness style prose capturing the era and the place was beautiful.

I added the Boll collection to my cart at my local bookstore for the next time I make a big purchase too, mako.

So cutting up pizza into small pieces for your kid is annoying. Pro tip, use scissors. So much quicker and easier.

There is a pizza place in Durham that makes personal pizzas and sends them to the table uncut and gives you scissors to cut it yourself.

I just put their slice onto the box lid and roll over it with my own pizza cutter...

There is a pizza place in Durham that makes personal pizzas and sends them to the table uncut and gives you scissors to cut it yourself.

Not paying money at a restaurant to do my own work.

One of my biggest pet peeves is ordering a salad with chicken that has a full uncut breast with all of the ingredients in separate areas of the bowl.

I ordered from a menu not a grocery list.

One of my biggest pet peeves is ordering a salad with chicken that has a full uncut breast with all of the ingredients in separate areas of the bowl.

I have never seen that before

If I had no self control, I’d eat donuts every day. Sometimes I hate that I care about my health because I just want to eat all the goods.

If I had no self control, I’d eat donuts every day. Sometimes I hate that I care about my health because I just want to eat all the goods.

"I know that there are no general rules of health because there was a gentleman living in New York a few years ago who was one hundred and fifteen. He was the oldest man living in New York, and he was doing quite well. He lived on his own, got around with no trouble, and could deal with everything that came his way. People asked him, of course, 'What's your diet? What're you eating?' He said that from the ages of ninety to one hundred and fifteen, his diet consisted mostly of three gallons of Thunderbird wine a week, and bread fried in fatback. When they asked him why he didn't fry his bread in bacon, he said that bacon was TOO LEAN. Here's a man who knew exactly what his body needed, and he lived a rich, full life on what one would think is fucking rocket fuel. And if he'd gone to a doctor, the doctor would've been, 'What the fuck is the matter with you?! You're out of control, Goddammit! You know what? You're gonna have to start eating vegetables.' And he would've, and he'd have been dead in a week!"

- Lewis Black

I’m usually not a fan of sweets but I’ve had a hankering for some doughnuts recently.

we don’t have a microwave

We have not replaced ours that stopped working last June. I mostly use a microwave to quickly heat leftovers, but that happens at work more than at home. I think we will replace it eventually because it is convenient for reheating.

Other than leftovers I cannot think of many times I have used the microwave. Maybe to melt better every now and then. I do not really care too much for popcorn, but the microwaved versions are especially terrible.

Deacon King Kong was excellent. Will probably seek out The Good Lord Bird and Color of Water too, I like McBride’s writing. Some of the dialog is a bit much but the stream of consciousness style prose capturing the era and the place was beautiful.

I threw it in on my Better world books order along with The Dark Half that one of my kids borrowed and never brought back.

100% agreed. I refuse to ever walk into a Papa Murphy's, I'm not paying you $7 to have to go home and bake my own pizza.

Didn't play out well

Maybe the next time she asks you how she looks in that dress, you should reply, "You look fine honey, like a cross between your mother and the high school lunch lady."

You'd get the same response.

No Korean bbq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back