• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
EuZC9C-XEAIPCp2

When’s the last time you used a Redbox? My last time was when Endgame came out on dvd as Disney+ wasn’t a thing at that time.

Man i have ventured all over the place, but find good old fashion Tapatio is my fav fav.

of the ubiquitous choices, here are my power rankings

El Yucateco
Valentina
Tapatio
Cholula
Texas Pete's
Crystal
Louisiana
Frank's
Tabasco
Sriracha

of the ubiquitous choices, here are my power rankings

El Yucateco
Valentina
Tapatio
Cholula
Texas Pete's
Crystal
Louisiana
Frank's
Tabasco
Sriracha

I go through phases on these -- currently in a cholula phase

I did Sirancha a lot in my early 20s and I guess I just got tired of it or my tastes changed or something because I almost never want it

I used to loooove Louisiana

it's a different flavor altogether, and a different texture too, but gochujjang is boooooooooooooooooooooomb and so much better and more interesting than sriracha

Do Texans not have coats and hooded sweatshirts? We lost power for like a week during the blizzard of 93, and also for multiple days every winter growing up, but we just layered up and slept under a couple of extra blankets at night.

After typing this, I kinda realize it sounds like a heartless 2and2 response, but damn. You still have indoor shelter. Figure it out, people.

Just for a little perspective on the quality of typical "indoor shelters" in central Texas: my not-awful early C20 house in Austin would get down to below 40° in the winter (even if the outside temperature was warmer) and over 120° in the summer. No central air or heating. I was not impoverished, so I can't imagine how miserable actual poor people must be. I suspect this describes the houses of poor people across the south.

Pipes are on the outside of houses; no insulation to speak of; no central heat or even fireplaces in most houses. My house literally had a wall unit that produced a flame. Multiple people caught themselves on fire when they didn't heed the warnings. Couldn't leave that thing on for more than five minutes for safety reasons, and definitely not all night.

it's a different flavor altogether, and a different texture too, but gochujjang is boooooooooooooooooooooomb and so much better and more interesting than sriracha

there's a korean tofu tacos recipe on serious eats that i really love and uses a lot of gochujjang but man the next day is a butt explosion

made po boys last night for Fat Tuesday and realized I shoulda bought some Crystal hot sauce. Frank's did ok in a pinch just not quite the same.

anybody wanna chair my "product owner vs product manager on scrum teams: a panel discussion" session i have to run at 2 cause i'm not feeling it today

Just for a little perspective on the quality of typical "indoor shelters" in central Texas: my not-awful early C20 house in Austin would get down to below 40° in the winter (even if the outside temperature was warmer) and over 120° in the summer. No central air or heating. I was not impoverished, so I can't imagine how miserable actual poor people must be. I suspect this describes the houses of poor people across the south.

Pipes are on the outside of houses; no insulation to speak of; no central heat or even fireplaces in most houses. My house literally had a wall unit that produced a flame. Multiple people caught themselves on fire when they didn't heed the warnings. Couldn't leave that thing on for more than five minutes for safety reasons, and definitely not all night.

this is what you get in a state with no land use planning, no regulations, etc.

people love texas because it's cheap but you also get what you pay for in a lot of ways

yeah I've had some Korean style gochujang based hot sauces that are way better than sriracha. I still usually have a bottle of the latter in my fridge for pizza and takeout Chinese, but don't use it too much. this from the same company is way better and I use it a lot:

large_9224f47c-61fa-42b1-8398-3c0f608f75e1.png

this is what you get in a state with no land use planning, no regulations, etc.

people love texas because it's cheap but you also get what you pay for in a lot of ways

I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt the other day and this couple bought a relatively nice 3 bedroom 2 bath oceanfront house in Texas for less than 275K. I was ready to move to Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back