Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2002

Thread: CT 2023: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by tiltdeac View Post
    I need to dig in but looks super positive. Biggest criticism levied by reasonable conservative types are concerns for work disincentives, but this showed literally the opposite. People who got the cash were more likely to have full time work. I never bought the work disincentive thing to a meaningful degree, but good to have more data to fight back.
    I glossed over an overview of the report and one thing I think is kinda silly from the champions is stuff like "only 1% spent on cigarettes and alcohol" because you're dealing with supplemental cash and self-reported data

I think sometimes these things push too far to court the respectability politics crowd (similar to your work point above), but I likewise need to read into it deeper and the vibe is definitely positive

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    wtf All Quiet to this?
    WWI to Harlem Renaissance. Chronological progression of American history and literature. I start my Boom/Bust unit of the 20's and 30's next week.

Scooter Banks

Kids have been back at school for a couple of months now (and now back to five days) and I've not had one nooner. It's bullshit and I have informed my wife accordingly.

congrats on the begrudging sex

Second Thursday in a row we went to a bar

I miss it so badly

This place tonight is modeled after what I believe to be the greatest establishment in these United States, Bacchanal, in New Orleans

Not quite the same when itís 45 out, but itís a good spot nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post

I miss it so badly

This place tonight is modeled after what I believe to be the greatest establishment in these United States, Bacchanal, in New Orleans

Absolutely love Bacchanal.

My wife got her first dose this week and Iím very anxious to return to some semblance of normalcy. Canít wait for my first major movie experience or watching a game on a massive screen at a sports bar.
    Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post

I miss it so badly

that place looks awesome, I hope it's open when I potentially go

Chat Thread 2023: Wake is a Women's Basketball School Now

Bacchanal is perfect ó wish there were more spots like it

I dug the open, quasi-public spaces in Berlin that had a similar vibe

my friend was supposed to get married down the street from Bachannal at the Music Box Village (also worth a visit) but the wedding got got by covid

Iím confused Cav why your wife rushed to Alabama one week early when you said she was a teacher and teachers are eligible, many scheduled through the districts, starting Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Actually, I would like DD's perspective, and the rest of the CT's opinion, on how I, as a nearly 40 year old white dude, should handle reading aloud the dialect of Zora Neal Hurston's "Their Eyes Were Watching God", when I start that book next week.
    Cancel Mako!

Thatís not the positive messaging Mako likes to wake up to in the morning.

Good morning, mako!
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Mako - have you backpacked the Linville gorge loop recently? Thinking about doing a weekend with my oldest in May, but havenít been in a couple of decades. The river crossing concerns me. Last time I was there there was a bridge, but recent posts in AllTrails say thatís gone.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Swim bitch !

CANCEL CREIGHTON BASKETBALL

Les Miles though........ whoooo boy

Hey Diggler! Letís go blast these pecs, baby!!!

Holy shit thereís like an 8 year old kid in here this morning jogging on a treadmill with her mom. Thatís fucking child abuse.