• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sean Hannity, private plane and WFU Tennis

Greatest admission ever. Just tired of losing. Nothing ever really changes in college athletics.

Tates Locke:
'Simply, I had gotten tired of losing. I didn't cheat because the Joneses did, or because it made me a big man. I did it because I didn't want to get my brains beat anymore. That's all.''

By the spring of 1975, Tates Locke had ended his fifth season as the head basketball coach at Clemson University and was fast becoming one of the best-known coaches in North America - for all of the wrong reasons.

A yearlong investigation by the National Collegiate Athletic Association had disclosed that Locke and his staff had paid dearly for a turnabout that saw the once-lowly Tigers transformed into Atlantic Coast Conference contenders.

The investigation found that Locke, his staff and boosters had bought players, changed grades, provided cars and at one point even created a phony black fraternity to lure inner-city players to Clemson's isolated South Carolina campus.

Wasn't this an open secret? I thought that I read about this here on the boards ages ago (maybe not the neighboring houses part, but definitely the private jet part)

Wasn't this an open secret? I thought that I read about this here on the boards ages ago (maybe not the neighboring houses part, but definitely the private jet part)

Yeah, it wasn't a secret. It has been discussed here many times before.

Yeah, it wasn't a secret. It has been discussed here many times before.

The plane part wasn't. But the shady ass home purchases, one through a shell company, will be bringing the NCAA to Winston. I imagine Bresky might want to get his taxes in order to.

The plane part wasn't. But the shady ass home purchases, one through a shell company, will be bringing the NCAA to Winston. I imagine Bresky might want to get his taxes in order to.

That just doesn't seem very shady. Bresky got married, had kids, and moved to a bigger house in a new neighborhood near Wake. Hannity owns 900+ homes, and Bresky bought a home next to Hannity. Hannity is not the first nor the last rich Wake parent to buy a home in Winston.

The only sketchy thing about the house purchase is that it looks like Hannity was essentially bankrolling Cory Parr as Wake’s volunteer assistant coach (under NCAA rules, each team is allowed to have two coaches paid by the school and one volunteer assistant). I don’t know how the NCAA rules apply to this situation, though it sounds like the NCAA signed off, but most schools certainly don’t have the luxury of a volunteer assistant who is being paid by the dad of one of the players on the team. Most volunteer assistants are either local tennis coaches who truly are volunteering or recent grads trying to break into college coaching who are getting paid a very small amount out of kids summer camps run by the head coach.

Lulz - Whatever you say, teach

That just doesn't seem very shady. Bresky got married, had kids, and moved to a bigger house in a new neighborhood near Wake. Hannity owns 900+ homes, and Bresky bought a home next to Hannity. Hannity is not the first nor the last rich Wake parent to buy a home in Winston.

He's got 900+ homes! How can you avoid buying a home next to Hannity? You may live next to a Hannity Home too.

I would guess Bresky makes about $300,000 per year as one of the top coaches in the country. As a comparison, Ty Tucker at Ohio State (another good coach, and has a publicly available salary) makes $330,000 per year, and that doesn't count the money made from summer tennis camps. An $800,000 house seems reasonable, no?

My guess is Bresky's base exceeds well beyond $300k.

And of course an $800k house is easily within reach even at a base of $300k.

My guess is Bresky's base exceeds well beyond $300k.

And of course an $800k house is easily within reach even at a base of $300k.

I would be beyond shocked if Wake was paying a base salary of more than $300,000 to an Olympic sport coach

How much would it suck for Hannity to put Wake on probation?

At least we got a national title out of it. Well-Man put us on probation in baskets for 10 years with [Redacted] & Manning and we have nothing to show for that!

Sort of off-topic, but the quality and expectations of walk-ons vary widely by sport. For instance, football walk-ons often end up on scholarship and not uncommon the NFL, but most basketball walk-ons wouldn't stand out that much on a dorm or frat team.

Certainly doesn’t smell good. And I guess all good but the fact we built the roster *entirely* from non-Americans is kinda meh.

My mind is blown. You mean to tell me there are rich kids that go to Wake and some of them walk-on to the tennis team? What are the odds that some kid grew up wealthy and had private lessons his whole life, then turned out to be pretty decent?

What's next, a kid that lived in a country club being good at golf? The end is near...

Certainly doesn’t smell good. And I guess all good but the fact we built the roster *entirely* from non-Americans is kinda meh.

That’s college tennis these days. Almost all of the best teams have a large number of foreign players.

I would strongly argue against the word "entirely" in your post. Noah Rubin was a huge component of our tennis success, and he is one of the top American recruits of the past 30 years.

Nothing to see hear, Rafi (definitely not affiliated with the AD in any way) says all good.

But seriously if a walk on has a Jet, let the team use it as the whip. Y'all bent out of shape because Hannity is a yuge prick. It is known.

Back