• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: NC State @ WF - 2 pm Saturday RSN

Goddamn just about to cut it to single digits and one minute later it's 17.

State has played their asses off.

Another letdown for Forbes and company.

Let's hope when he gets "his guys" that things look better

I know Okpomo wasn’t playing well but he’s a much better post defender than Massoud. It’s not even close. Massoud just doesn’t give us a chance to win unless he’s hitting shots and you know if he is or not within the first 8 minutes.

Forbes may have to rethink the 2 fouls and they don't play in the first half as the game is getting out of hand before they can come back in the second half

I know Okpomo wasn’t playing well but he’s a much better post defender than Massoud. It’s not even close. Massoud just doesn’t give us a chance to win unless he’s hitting shots and you know if he is or not within the first 8 minutes.

Is say within the first 2 minutes. And after his first shot. You just know it.

Just tuned in. Ouch.
What’s up with Ody? Is he not playing?

People who are advocating for the players on the current team are nuts. The ACC caliber players we have are Whitt, Williamson, Mucius, Ian, and Ody. Ody and Williamson are bench players on most teams. Ian is playing after two months off. He looks exhausted.

We would be better off if everyone else transferred. There will be enough guys in the portal that can come play for a year while Forbes goes out and recruits guys who will fit what he wants. I would never say that to the kid’s faces, but it’s true. None of these guys are ACC caliber. I don’t care who tf they got offered by out of HS, I don’t care that it’s a COVID year with a new coach. They don’t look like they care (i’m sure they do), they are totally outmatched athletically, they have no ability to drive with the basketball in their hand. No aggressiveness. It’s just embarrassing.

One problem I haven't really seen discussed is that Williamson seems to have had trouble adapting after Dubose came back. Prior to that, he knew he had to be the man, and he thrived in that role. Now it seems like he's struggling to figure out when to try to take over versus when to play within the offense.

The turnover that sparked the State run was awful and didn't look like the Williamson from the first half of the season.

Forbes may have to rethink the 2 fouls and they don't play in the first half as the game is getting out of hand before they can come back in the second half

Yeah, that's not his MO. Okpomo got his 4th in the first half the other night.

Is say within the first 2 minutes. And after his first shot. You just know it.

Oh definitely within his first two minutes on the court. I’m assuming he doesn’t start.

Yeah, that's not his MO. Okpomo got his 4th in the first half the other night.

That’s the only time he let someone stay on the court. He’s pretty dogmatic about two fouls and out. He’s far from the only guy who does it and it’s a ridiculous practice that just ends games sooner rather than later.

I mean, we're not playing great defense or anything, but having watched plenty of Duke and NC State this year, both of those first halves are so absurdly better than their norm, it's frustrating to watch. Banking in 3's, hitting NBA 3's, over 90% from the line, etc. Maybe we're just that bad.

One problem I haven't really seen discussed is that Williamson seems to have had trouble adapting after Dubose came back. Prior to that, he knew he had to be the man, and he thrived in that role. Now it seems like he's struggling to figure out when to try to take over versus when to play within the offense.

The turnover that sparked the State run was awful and didn't look like the Williamson from the first half of the season.

That’s not a problem. It worked fine against FSU. The problem is we don’t have talented players that can stay in the game in the front court, and we don’t have enough players who can create offense. Just a bunch of inconsistent shooters.

People who are advocating for the players on the current team are nuts. The ACC caliber players we have are Whitt, Williamson, Mucius, Ian, and Ody. Ody and Williamson are bench players on most teams. Ian is playing after two months off. He looks exhausted.

We would be better off if everyone else transferred. There will be enough guys in the portal that can come play for a year while Forbes goes out and recruits guys who will fit what he wants. I would never say that to the kid’s faces, but it’s true. None of these guys are ACC caliber. I don’t care who tf they got offered by out of HS, I don’t care that it’s a COVID year with a new coach. They don’t look like they care (i’m sure they do), they are totally outmatched athletically, they have no ability to drive with the basketball in their hand. No aggressiveness. It’s just embarrassing.

Antonio is a valuable weapon as well.

Back