• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: NC State @ WF - 2 pm Saturday RSN

We have zero talent on this team.

Give Forbes a couple seasons to get his guys

Too many Manning losers on this squad.

Ok but I’d like to think Forbes can coach this bunch up to at least be competitive at hom against a lower tier ACC team...

When you can't shoot, can't dribble, can't rebound, and can't defend you're going to hqave a long afternoon. Also I will respectfully disagree about how many ACC caliber players we have. Really hope Whitt becomes one , but he is no threat to score and has as many to's as assists and has a hard time on defense. Muscius and Massoud have not progressed into consistent players. Except for Ian, the best we have are role players. Without improved players this is what we are going to get.

Getting clowned on your home court by a Kevin Keatts team without its best player is inexcusable.

This team has little talent - But the effort today and on Wednesday night was piss poor and Forbes owns it.

But the good news is we finally have someone on the sidelines capable of fixing it. And I have little doubt Forbes will as he’s won at every stop.

We have a few too many one dimensional players. If they are not hitting their shots we are doomed. Live and die on the three is a roller coaster.

We basically just need better guards and wings and bigs. And more depth. Other than that, we're set.

Daniels dropped 20 on us before he went down with the ACL last time out. We should have had a chance today for a home win without him, but you can't win games giving up 51 pts in a half no matter who you're playing.

Very disappointing effort today. :(

Two glaring things, we don't get 50-50 balls, we are bad in defensive transition. I have failed as a coach to get our team to fix it.

Apoligies to our fans to play a rivalry game and not compete. Thought we weren't ready to play. Hoping they'd miss instead of making them miss.

Players approached mon/tues practice as if we had beat FSU.

Our defense is not good. We've regressed. We weren't guarding them.

Effort, communication and toughness - we aren't playing with that.

Played 11 guys, every player had a TO.

When we had two ball reversals we scored every time.

When you want to do your own thing, get a bad shot or turnover.

Press was not a problem, its was the half court.

Lack of attention to detail. Frustrating when you see them do it right way in practice and then not in the game. Players not switching etc.

I have to find a way to coach this team better, to get them to play defense better.

Got our hands on a lot of balls, but we didn't get them, it all adds up.

Have to share the ball, this is not a team that can come down and look for one guy. Can't have guys looking to get their shot.

Bad loss, good presser as he pretty much detailed what we need to do to win and be competitive, in describing why we were bad today.

Forbes gives us a little more than paint touches and FT's. He clearly articulates that we aren't the most talented team so we have to do all the little things and follow the game plan in order to compete.

Give it time. Wellman burned this program to the ground and it ain't getting built back overnight.

You could tell in the presser that Forbes is aware we have lots of issues, but he is really concerned with the lack of effort (he nicely used the word aggressiveness) showing up in poor defensive rotation, not getting 50/50 balls, and not getting back on defense. Team has so little confidence that when it went from 14-14 to 22-14,you coulld feel the air go out.

LOL at people jumping ship on Forbes already, the guy inherited a DISASTER in the middle of a pandemic when he literally couldn’t go recruit his own guys. We have the 2nd worst roster in the ACC talent wise, were crushed by covid for 30 days in November, we’ve been competitive in 90% of our games this year. Rome wasnt built in a day, relax folks. Forbes will get this thing turned around.

Forbes gives us a little more than paint touches and FT's. He clearly articulates that we aren't the most talented team so we have to do all the little things and follow the game plan in order to compete.

He does. But his “paint touches” is “50-50 balls.” Fortunately, he is otherwise much more insightful than his predecessors.

We have not played well defensively the last three games. Against FSU our offense was great, but against Duke and State, not so much.

Forbes will turn this around.

LOL. Who’s jumping ship on Forbes? I don’t see that at all.

LOL at people jumping ship on Forbes already, the guy inherited a DISASTER in the middle of a pandemic when he literally couldn’t go recruit his own guys. We have the 2nd worst roster in the ACC talent wise, were crushed by covid for 30 days in November, we’ve been competitive in 90% of our games this year. Rome wasnt built in a day, relax folks. Forbes will get this thing turned around.

This

TITCR

Get out of here with all this common sense and logic B.S.

:)

Anybody that has kids should understand how hard it is to get them to do what you want them to do all the time. Imagine trying to do that with 12+ "kids!" It takes time to change the culture, he inherited a terrible roster and a terrible culture. He will fix it. In the pregame he was talking about how the team seemed too happy about the FSU game , yeah it was a good effort, but it was a loss and he wasn't happy about it. Its been 10 years since we had a coach with a pulse, just needs time.

LOL. Who’s jumping ship on Forbes? I don’t see that at all.

Other than some guy named “Nicholas” who “isn’t sold” I haven’t seen anyone jumping ship. Coaches get too much credit for the good and bad.

The past two games have been tough because there was a lack of effort, basketball IQ, and executing the scheme. In my opinion, the past two losses are on the players. The coaching staff can’t go on the court and play for them (would be nice if we could with Randolph and BJ).

It’s clear Forbes has done everything he can to try and energize his team. Hell, he got ejected. I think it’s easy to blame coaches for a team getting blown out twice in a row, but there’s only so much they can do. Forbes can’t be much more clear. He’s said it enough times in interviews that I can only imagine how many times he says “GGTT, 50/50 balls, two hands, play on two feet, hard smart together” in practice.

Schematically, our guys aren’t executing because they simply aren’t passing/ moving the ball inside out. It’s too stagnant and never pushes the opposing defense. It’s incredible that stagnant is the way I’m describing motion offense, but that’s what happens when guys hold onto the ball and aren’t looking to create offense for teammates . When the 3 point shot is going down, it’s easy to mask our athletic deficiencies. When it’s not, things get ugly. On defense, we simply need stronger bigger players. I think it would’ve made a big difference in the first half if we replaced Ody and Massoud with a 6’11” 240 kind of guy to match up better against Bates and Funderburk. With another offseason, I think the transition D will sort itself out. As coach and his players have said, they’re not too shabby in the half court, the problem is it seems like they’re always trying to stop teams in transition.

And that’s the only thing I can knack Forbes on so far, not getting more 2021 commits, specifically a large athletic 4 and/or a true center. Hope he finds one one over the offseason.

Back