• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: NC State @ WF - 2 pm Saturday RSN

They also didn’t think Wellman left such a mess to clean up in the first place.

With the hand Forbes was dealt he gets a pass the first 2 years.he inherited a DISASTER in the middle of a pandemic.

Here's a scary thought. If we had a decent coach who could close recruiting with people who put Wake on their very short lists, our starting line-up this year could have been:

G-Ayo Dosumu
G- Chaundee Brown
C- Hunter Dickinson
F- Olivier Sarr
F- who cares- those four could have put us in the Final Four

First quarter of the game we're basically tied, not looking great but it felt like we were the better team.

Then Ody goes out with his 2nd. We get consecutive turnovers from Okpomo, they hit consecutive 3's. So we have to pull Okpomo and Funderburk gets consecutive dunks, in just 4 minutes of game time we're down 15 and never recover - we couldn't keep them off the boards and they hit shots.

With Massoud in meltdown mode right now, if Ody is out we basically don't have a front court. We have no viable 4's or 5's on our team. I don't mean "ACC quality" 4's and 5's, I mean viable at all for any level. Our point guards combined for 1 assist, they had nobody to throw it to inside, ever.

Against a team with anyone decent at the 4 and 5, we cannot survive without Ody on the floor. If there's criticism to be leveled at Forbes it's really just any unused Ody fouls, but he had 4 yesterday. In the back half of the season, he's played 25+ minutes against FSU - our best game of the year, Miami - a win, BC - a win. Limited minutes in the 3 blowouts. Not sure how you coach your way around not having a front court.

While there is truth in this there is also some bs. TOs, points off TOS, unguarded 3’s, letting the bearded midget get off open shots have nothing to do with a viable 4/5 on the court. Moving the ball from side to side has nothing to do with them either.

We’ve seen that Forbes has a game plan that gives this group of misfits a chance to win. When they follow the plan and stay on plan they’ve been able to stay in the games and win a few. When they don’t follow the game plan we get what we got yesterday.

I don’t expect us to win a lot of games but I do expect the team to put in the effort and play as a team.

I’m 100% Forbes in. You can look it up... He was my top choice once Oats went to Bama.

But he’s not beyond criticism. These last two games have been complete duds... Even in the context of a season with low expectations.

As others have said, we’re probably pretty easy to figure out the 2nd time around... But you’d still like to see the team improving as the season goes on.

It’s ok for people to have varying opinions.

Last edited:
I’m 100% Forbes in. You can look it up... He was my top choice once Oates went to Bama.

But he’s not beyond criticism. These last two games have been complete duds... Even in the context of a season with low expectations.

As others have said, we’re probably pretty easy to figure out the 2nd time around... But you’d still like to see the team improving as the season goes on.

It’s ok for people to have varying opinions.

I suspect he has a few players who just aren't buying into his style. It's a very worn-out cliche but I do think Forbes needs his own players that fit his style much better.
And I agree, when ANYONE (don't care the profession) is pulling down $2million+ a year, they are always open for criticism.

I think we'll know much more in the next 24 months. I'm still very positive.

If you watched the MI/O$U game today, you saw MI players were always ready to shoot as the ball was swung around the court. Our guys rarely are ready to shoot. This makes a big difference.

The board doesn't like Neath much, but he's shooting 90% on FTs. Antonio is shooting 90%. How come neither one was getting the ball in the last minute of F$U? In other close games, the same seemed to be true.

I am getting close to freaking out and can't fathom what I'm about say. I'm kinda rooting for the Celtics to get their shit together. Man, that was hard to do. Why? If they shit the bed this year, Stevens could get fired and replace K. That would suck for decades to come.

Here's a scary thought. If we had a decent coach who could close recruiting with people who put Wake on their very short lists, our starting line-up this year could have been:

G-Ayo Dosumu
G- Chaundee Brown
C- Hunter Dickinson
F- Olivier Sarr

Ayo was always going to Illinois. He just got a kick out of Wake recruiting him. There's a reason no other big time coaches were recruiting him at the same time as us. Chin always had the inside track.

Last edited:

G-Ayo Dosumu
G- Chaundee Brown
C- Hunter Dickinson
F- Olivier Sarr

Michael Devoe. The GT guard chose the Jackets over Wake.

Of course if Dosunmu and Devoe had picked Wake , DM will still be around finding new ways to lose games.

Back