• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Basically, the word is out on us. Park your defense on the 3-pt line and allow no open, comfortable 3-pointers and our offense is pretty much gone. We don't have capable dribbler drivers and no real inside game. Williamson is our best driver but he is tiny and gets his shot blocked.

OK, I'll play along.

The last two losses have sent our KP ranking down from #109 to #132. Only Miami is worse (#138) in the ACC.

In 6 seasons as Wake Forest head coach, Danny Manning only had 1 season worse than #132.

Manning had much more talent. Lost with Moore, Collins, Thomas, et al.

I blame Forbes for this!

He has had us competitive in many games this year that we shouldn't have been in truthfully. He's been a victim of his own "success." The last two outings were pretty much how I figured things would mostly turn out in every game this year.

Maybe we can win a game or 2 more and start building for next year.

Isn't WFU KP down because the ACC KP is down as well? This is a dumb thread, made with someone's 4th burner account.

Basically, the word is out on us. Park your defense on the 3-pt line and allow no open, comfortable 3-pointers and our offense is pretty much gone. We don't have capable dribbler drivers and no real inside game. Williamson is our best driver but he is tiny and gets his shot blocked.

This is all you need to know the explain the disaster that was the last 2 weeks of WF hoops. You can’t play 1- dimensional basketball in the ACC. Launching well guarded 3s with no rebounding opportunities, leads to 50 pt outings. Our complete lack of defense is anyone conversation altogether.

KP #155 and dead last in the ACC. Miami is at #144.

In the 25 seasons of KP, this would be our 4th worst ranking (Bz has #s 1&2, Manning has #3).

Please stop; the last thing we want is future recruits to see this shit.
Forbes is a good Coach and will only get better the next 2-3 years with some talent on the floor.

Forbes is a good Coach and will only get better the next 2-3 years with some talent on the floor.

I'm a Forbes fan. I'm also pretty sure that if future recruits know one thing about WFU basketball, it's that we suck. The pitch, if we have one, is that said future recruits can immediately help us suck less.

Man, oh man....

Now, just where have I heard this before over the years........

Love Forbes. What I posted is a fact.

As stated, recruits know we suck and that’s probably a good thing.

The way Forbes has handled Whitt has got to be attractive for potential recruits. He plays a ton of minutes.

Manning had much more talent. Lost with Moore, Collins, Thomas, et al.

First it’s one year and a bizarre one at best. Buzzed was here 4 years and destroyed our program! Manning was here 5 years and buried it 6 feet under! Let’s give him time!

IF we had talent than this thread would be justified but we don't and we need to hold off on shit threads like this. I know we're all frustrated but shit, its just to soon for this... Come on Cage, you can do better..

First it’s one year and a bizarre one at best. Buzzed was here 4 years and destroyed our program! Manning was here 5 years and buried it 6 feet under! Let’s give him time!

DFL.actually was given 6 years to bury us. :(

Forbes has done a pretty good job getting the competitiveness level up for a pretty weak group. But, if he doesn't recruit some guys over 6'5 and some more consistent shooters this thread will never die.

Back