• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

In this thread posters mistake the credibility of the Wake Forest basketball program over the past decade for the credibility of Steve Forbes as a coach.

In this thread posters mistake the credibility of the Wake Forest basketball program over the past decade for the credibility of Steve Forbes as a coach.

They also mistaked a real poster for a trolling poster.

I got my Steve Forbes Credibility Watch at Windsor Jewelers.

4zztuy.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder about the mental capacity of a large number of people on this board. #FORBESFUCKS

He has to show that he can get some players.
The two highest ranked recruits we were seriously involved with this cycle were Jamari McDowell and Davin Cosby. Both well inside the top 100 and better than any recruit we've had in years. National recruiting experts pointed to Wake well in the driver's seat for both as little as 12 hours before commitment times.

Jamari McDowell was offered an unknown amount of cash from Kansas as reported by 24/7.

Davin Cosby was offered $400,000 per year by Tennessee as reported by 24/7.

What exactly was Forbes supposed to do there? Would you say no to that money at 17?

Davin Cosby is ranked #110 and #112 on 247 and the 247 composite. $400K seems like a huge amount for him. Something isn't right.

Davin Cosby is ranked #110 and #112 on 247 and the 247 composite. $400K seems like a huge amount for him. Something isn't right.
I thought he was in the 80s but I haven't look in a while. That was the number that was reported. I'll see if I can find it and link it but it's behind a pay wall. Guys are throwing around stupid money at schools like Tennessee where you'd expect it.

Wait I'm thinking of the wrong recruitment entirely. It may have been Freddie Dillone that was offered that money from UT I need to look back through old articles. The point stands that if guys are being paid several hundred thousand dollars and we are offering an education they have no intention of completing and a dorm room in Angelou, I think it's damn near impossible to recruit anybody that makes an immediate year 1 impact.

High school recruiting is dead. Don’t even waste time. Let other schools dump all their money on freshmen, then Wake can snatch them up from the transfer portal for free.

Back