• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem Home Rental Market

Maybe the grandparents don't want to be babysitters and errand runners every day of the week. Also WS is considerably cheaper than Charlotte for a second home/rental situation.

I'm in a similar boat with my in-laws looking at moving down to the Chapel Hill area which would put them squarely in between a few grandkids (Southern Pines, WS). They are firmly in the "we love our grandkids, but prefer to see them on frequent weekend visits" camp.

See no problem with your parents' thought process in moving to W-S. No offense to you or the grands, but getting away from PA winters may be their biggest impetus for a move, and W-S is a nice, mid-size city that just happens to be a reasonable drive from the kids and grandkids. Plus, with you spending 4 years (and presumably 4 years of their $$) at MSD, they probably have some ties to the Deacs. Just remind them that they will by default be the tailgate host for 3 generations when UVA visits BB&T/Truist Field.

And, as an added bonus, when their health declines you can drive to W-S to go to the doctor with them. Or you can help move them someplace closer to you then.

Maybe the grandparents don't want to be babysitters and errand runners every day of the week. Also WS is considerably cheaper than Charlotte for a second home/rental situation.

I'm in a similar boat with my in-laws looking at moving down to the Chapel Hill area which would put them squarely in between a few grandkids (Southern Pines, WS). They are firmly in the "we love our grandkids, but prefer to see them on frequent weekend visits" camp.

The chapel hill real estate market is insane right now. Houses sell in a day and go significantly over asking. I’m sure it will settle post pandemic though m. If they need a good realtor let me know. I have close friends who are wonderful. That being said chapel hill is a mini retirement Mecca. Lots of senior shit to do.

There are so many new and under construction apartment/condos in the old factory area downtown and I have no idea who they expect to buy them all. I have to believe that you will be able to purchase some prime downtown real estate on the cheap soon.

Good point. Having just moved to Winston from the CLT burbs, I have the same question. Love being able to walk downtown and can't wait for this fucking pandemic to end to enjoy everything the city has to offer, but there sure is a hell of a lot of construction going on (new apts on W 4th near Spruce, I think, as an example; new apts on Broad and Brookstown as another).

Back