• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Clawson - PLEASE go after Joe Milton

DeacDownUnder

Reaction score
Just noticed that Michigan's Joe Milton has entered the transfer portal. Would love to see him as the "player to be named later" in our trade to U-M for Chaundee Brown (which has thus far netted Luiji Vilain and Christian Turner). Milton can throw the ball a mile. Originally from Pahokee, FL (hometown of D.J. Boldin). Has three years of elibility remaining, I believe.

i heard he was leaving. Didnt know he was from Pohakee and googled him. Wow! i didnt realize how big he is. 6'5" 243. While born in Pohakee, he went to HS in Orlando. in addition to Boldin, Alphonso was also from there. There was a 3rd player too IIRC, but i am not sure. A LB maybe??

Antonio Wilson was from Pahokee at the same time as Boldin and Phonz.

Bud Noel, Antonio Ford, and Zach Allen were Pakohee: The New Class several years later.

Milton? No.

His ceiling is Kevin Sousa.

Maybe.

Less accurate and slower than Hartman, with less eligibility. Defenses already don't respect the QB run in our RPO, it would be even more so with Milton.

Why? We potentially have Hartman for another 3 years. Hartman is a damn good QB. I'm not going to hold the end of last year against him. Last year was a shit show with scheduling and never knowing when and who you're going to play next. That UNC debacle and then the long layoff due to covid, opt outs, and what not really effectively ended the season.

Why? We potentially have Hartman for another 3 years. Hartman is a damn good QB. I'm not going to hold the end of last year against him. Last year was a shit show with scheduling and never knowing when and who you're going to play next. That UNC debacle and then the long layoff due to covid, opt outs, and what not really effectively ended the season.

I’m far from sold on Hartman. He misses way too many open guys.

I’m far from sold on Hartman. He misses way too many open guys.

Disagree. i am with cheeseheads12 on this. the reason Hartman started as a true freshman over Jamie and Hinton was because he is accurate. Clawson values that.

Hartman will be back with a vengeance this year. He’s going to surprise a lot of folks. Kid is a gunslinger

Disagree. i am with cheeseheads12 on this. the reason Hartman started as a true freshman over Jamie and Hinton was because he is accurate. Clawson values that.

As a fellow poster texted me: When Hartman is on the field, there are more high balls than a heard of male giraffes. Hartman was 79th in completion percentage this past year.

Back