• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson at WF -- EARLY START 4:30 pm Wednesday - ACCN

That’s what happens when you sit back and shoot a bunch of contested jumpers and don’t get the ball inside.

As fans, time to look ahead at this point. Looks like the players have given up, and that’s frustrating. I think Forbes needs to ask a lot of guys to hit the portal. In short, something like “we’ll honor your scholarship, but we think there’s better places out there for you, and Wake Forest is doing you a disservice by holding out. Go find a program that will make you happier”. I think that’s a completely fair ask to some of these guys. Massoud, Neath, Wilkins, and Adams offer little to nothing (probably in order).

It’ll be better for them to go play in a smaller conference and be the big dog, and it’ll be better for Wake Forest and Coach Forbes.

Yet there is commentary on Williamson's missed layups. Last I checked, layups were shots taken within 2 feet of the basket. So which is it? Williamson "missing" or a bunch of no-calls on "bumps?"

The best case scenario for our program at this point is that Neath, Massoud and Wilkins transfer, we redshirt Okpomo, we go zone defense and play small ball next year and Dubose and Antonio come back with a healthy Ingraham that can split minutes with Ody.

Carter will grow and be good, but he's not ready yet. Jury is still out on Adams, but I can't imagine he's going to steal minutes from Cam, Bob or Carter. With that said, I don't think anyone coming in next year will be ready for ACC play either (with an outside shot that Hildreth is just really good).

Forbes is going to have to hit the portal and grad transfer market hard and we need to be ready for a 2-3 year rebuild to get to the middle of the ACC. People forget how far we have fallen. We have NOBODY on our team who would start for another ACC team. Nobodyyyy. Sheesh...what a shitty turn of events since the FSU game.

Last edited:
I didn’t get to see the game, but did Clemson play great defense or did we just miss everything, open or not?

I didn’t get to see the game, but did Clemson play great defense or did we just miss everything, open or not?

Clemson played good defense, wake played poor offense. Got a lot of open shots and missed, but also took a lot of bad shots that were completely out of rhythm or covered.

So little bit of both.

Announcers commented that Clemson played physical defense. Bumped the cutters as they went through. Somehow, though, only 5 personal fouls assessed against Clemson in the second half before garbage time. They seriously out rebounded Wake. Wake made very limited effort to get offensive rebounds. Wake passes were off just enough to prevent a clean, quick catch and shoot, which allowed the Clem D to recover.

Clemson full court pressure didn't create turnovers, unlike in other games. However, it did cut down on time to work the ball in the front court, leading to a lot of contested shots.

Forbes has lost me a bit during this stretch. I know it’s a pandemic, we are low on talent, etc but this was another horrific outing against a terrible team. 15 points in the first half is inexcusable under any circumstances. Earlier in the season we played with intensity, had an offensive identity and gave ourselves an opportunity to win down the stretch. None of those things have been true recently. Very disappointing.

At this point, the optimism on Forbes is almost exclusively based upon what he did in prior stops. There ain’t much talent on this team, and he hasn’t maximized it.

I do feel that this roster with Manning as coach is probably winless in the ACC.

I'm guessing the one guy I haven't said anything critical about has been Ody. He has improved as much as anyone has in one year in the past twenty years.

I mean, I think Ody has been a very pleasant surprise this year, but that is quite the hyperbole.

Chlidress just keeps on losing at Wake. Has any power 5 assistant had a worse winning percentage in NCAA history?

We're running a motion offense with no player or players who can break down a defender and drive the ball. Honestly we end up so far out on the parimeter that we're setting 3 or 4 screen s past the 3 point line or just handing the ball to another player. Shit looks rough right now for sure. I wish we demand our players to feed the ball down low regardless and let Ody work and kick the ball out. I realize that he is no superstar or anything but we absolutely have no talent on this team. Williamson is the best player we have on the court and he doesn't drive the ball or force the action enough. There so many holes in this team that need fixing that only new talent and a big bodied big man can fix. Let's pray for some upgrade at talent. I totally believe in Forbes but today was rough to watch, damn was rough...

LOL we scored 39 pts tonight, now tell me how thats on Forbes? we have the least talented team in the ACC. Forbes needs to make some tough decisions and clean house at the end of the year.

Y'all, don't even think about getting depressed by this team this year. Everything stinks. This is a freebie year. Anything good that happens is a bonus. Forbes is a winner and we'll be fine in time.

Y'all, don't even think about getting depressed by this team this year. Everything stinks. This is a freebie year. Anything good that happens is a bonus. Forbes is a winner and we'll be fine in time.

I agree 100%, everyone just needs to relax.

Had to watch is DVR'd, which is really frustrating when you can't comment/vent on what's gong on.

Forbes - you could see some clear frustration on the sideline when some player tossed up crazy shots early in the shot clock. Either throwing his arms in the air or shaking his head clearly saying 'why? why?'.

- Our team has to have the absolute worst touch around the rim. We had to have 8 shots that just hung there and fell off. Davian's layups have been doing that.
- Offense in general, you have to try hard to do this - 'leading scorers'
Williamson 16
Mucius 13
Massoud 5
Ody 3
Dubose 2

Seriously that's the box score. We shot 25%. That's a reflection of missing the open shots we got, bad shots, Clemson defense and some bad luck on ones that rolled out. Consider that we had 47 shots and Clemson had 46. Clemson only shot 43%, but you have to put the ball in the hoop.

DuBose and Whitt led the team with 4 rbs each.

General comments
- Massoud - I'm convinced there are times he's just going to shoot no matter what. At least two early in the clock 3's. One Forbes pulled him right away. Took one practically standing sideways right in front of Forbes.
- DuBose - 2 points with two long missed 3's early in the clock. Feels like his playing how you'd expect right after 2 months off.
- Ody - 1 basket and a FT. Looked really uncomfortable with the ball in his hands down low. Seems like he may have hit the wall. 2 rbs in 25 minutes.
- Antonio - seems like he's either on or off. Can't get enough shots to see if he can turn it around will some volume shooting. At least he has energy on defense.
- Williamson - He got a bunch of points in garbage time. His layups don't seem to be falling and keep rolling off.
- Neath - Not sure how we get a shot clock violation and are not even looking at the clock
- Mucius - he was active an playing hard
- Whitt - 2 assts (we had 12 made and 35 missed) and 1 TO

Back