• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson at WF -- EARLY START 4:30 pm Wednesday - ACCN

This COVID season has delayed any progress. Likely a 4 year plan now to any respectability.

Forbes will get it done in the future based upon all his past results. Keeping the faith.

Actually emailed one of the ticket folks last week asking about a ticket for either NC State or Clemson games. They emailed back & said I was on a waiting list for the Clemson game. Then Tuesday afternoon got an email from Deacon Club that said I had two tickets. Tickets & parking were at no cost plus they gave a concessions deal behind Section 6 so got a drink & sandwich included. Very nice of them. I think they had around 100 tickets not including the 2 per person given to team & coaches, etc. Very very nice deal. Now the game was another story of course but we were all spread out across the court from both benches. There is piped in crowd noise during the game, I guess for the TV. [a little annoying really] and it stops during timeouts for all the announcements and videos.

Wake folks are circulating the entire time--Mike Muse, Barry Faircloth & AD Currie stopping to talk with folks. Now that Gov Cooper has opened things up we will get to have 15% of capacity next week for senior day. So folks should try to go!

Wow. That is a heck of a good experience for you despite the crap game. Thanks.

Sounds like WF will be permitted to have 15% capacity (roughly 2200 fans) for the last game against GT (March 5).

We did miss a ton of long, contested threes but we also missed a number of open looks from 3 in the first half which likely would have changed the flow of the game. Clemson is a better team and still would have won but no chance it's a 20 point blowout.

This. First possession we get Mucius a great look and he buries a 3, then we get a turnover. Nice. Next, perfect entry to Ody who backs down his man, misses a 3 foot hook that he typically makes. Next possession Whitt drives it, Ody's man doesn't cheat, he keeps his defender on his hip and makes the right play - shoots a 4 footer. Easy open shot, missed. Next possession Daivien splits the defense who overplayed him perfectly, open layup rims out somehow. Next possession is our first poor one where run out of time, but a 3 point heave drops to Mucius for a layup, and he misses it. Next possession we get DuBose a wide open 3 on the break, perfect look, bricks it.

To that point Clemson had scored 2 points on a foul and 3 points when someone caught an airball 3 and lucked into an and-1.

Mucius then turns it over twice despite getting our desired isolation off a mismatch, including a charge when he had a layup. Next possession Daivien drives and gets fouled, our out of bounds play gets Massoud an open cut for a layup but he drops the ball, hits his foot, turnover. Next up Daivien drives and get a 4 footer which appeared to slip out of his hand. Next Massoud actually hits a 3 on a nice pick, then we get a wide open Jonah but again the ball slips out of Daivien's hand and he throws it away.

Then we get the wtf Neath shot clock turnover, but after that a perfect look for Jonah (clank) and another great look for DuBose (clank). Since the opening 3 Wake scored 6 points in 10 minutes, and the next possession was like nobody wanted to shoot and that's really when the game started to die. Wake's defense was solid until then. And if you're Forbes, you've just watched your scheme result in an open 3, a lightly contested bunny, or an iso for Mucius with a mismatch in nearly every possession - and you're on pace for like 30 points total. Clemson gets a double digit lead at the 2 minute mark scoring only 25 points.

All the contested garbage stuff came after that pretty much as we started getting desperate. We could have been up 10 even with poor execution, but poor doesn't begin to cover how bad that was. I feel for Forbes, has to be unbelievable to watch this over and over again - reminds me of Clawson early on when he would be stupefied that we simply could not make a play over the top on offense, ever. Hard to watch.

This. First possession we get Mucius a great look and he buries a 3, then we get a turnover. Nice. Next, perfect entry to Ody who backs down his man, misses a 3 foot hook that he typically makes. Next possession Whitt drives it, Ody's man doesn't cheat, he keeps his defender on his hip and makes the right play - shoots a 4 footer. Easy open shot, missed. Next possession Daivien splits the defense who overplayed him perfectly, open layup rims out somehow. Next possession is our first poor one where run out of time, but a 3 point heave drops to Mucius for a layup, and he misses it. Next possession we get DuBose a wide open 3 on the break, perfect look, bricks it.

To that point Clemson had scored 2 points on a foul and 3 points when someone caught an airball 3 and lucked into an and-1.

Mucius then turns it over twice despite getting our desired isolation off a mismatch, including a charge when he had a layup. Next possession Daivien drives and gets fouled, our out of bounds play gets Massoud an open cut for a layup but he drops the ball, hits his foot, turnover. Next up Daivien drives and get a 4 footer which appeared to slip out of his hand. Next Massoud actually hits a 3 on a nice pick, then we get a wide open Jonah but again the ball slips out of Daivien's hand and he throws it away.

Then we get the wtf Neath shot clock turnover, but after that a perfect look for Jonah (clank) and another great look for DuBose (clank). Since the opening 3 Wake scored 6 points in 10 minutes, and the next possession was like nobody wanted to shoot and that's really when the game started to die. Wake's defense was solid until then. And if you're Forbes, you've just watched your scheme result in an open 3, a lightly contested bunny, or an iso for Mucius with a mismatch in nearly every possession - and you're on pace for like 30 points total. Clemson gets a double digit lead at the 2 minute mark scoring only 25 points.

All the contested garbage stuff came after that pretty much as we started getting desperate. We could have been up 10 even with poor execution, but poor doesn't begin to cover how bad that was. I feel for Forbes, has to be unbelievable to watch this over and over again - reminds me of Clawson early on when he would be stupefied that we simply could not make a play over the top on offense, ever. Hard to watch.

This is 100% accurate. Agree that Wake's defense was "solid"... But I definitely wouldn't say it was anything better than that.

I could not believe how many wide open shots Clemson bricked in the beginning. They were basically begging us to take control of the game and we couldn't do it.

And then they started really extending their defense and instead of going inside, we just took longer 3 point attempts. There were numerous times on offense where we nobody was inside the 3 point line. Later in the game (once it was over), we had a few nice cuts to the hoop (Mucius, especially)... But we either missed shots or made bad passes.

I know that Clemson plays good defense, but it looked like we just gave up on offense later in the first half. Going through the motions, but not taking advantage of what Clemson was giving us (largely because we can't finish underneath).

As others have said, the book is out on us. Guard the 3 and we'll have a lot of problems scoring.

Our defensive stats are worse than they appear due to how long we take on offense.

#141 in KP now.

#155 on offense / #144 on defense

We aren't good on either side.

Tempo is #252... Yeah, that is pretty slow. For reference, we were #79 last year.

Our D is probably well below 200 if not for our slow play. Our guard D is bordering on atrocious. Our rebounding is bad and only have Ody inside. I think Eman will come around.

I fucking HATE HATE HATE when people post stuff like this, but I can't help myself...

Keeping Sarr this year would have been a win-win... We'd have been significantly better and he probably would have looked better as one of the top producers in a down year for individual ACC players.

I fucking HATE HATE HATE when people post stuff like this, but I can't help myself...

Keeping Sarr this year would have been a win-win... We'd have been significantly better and he probably would have looked better as one of the top producers in a down year for individual ACC players.

And he would have gotten all the minutes he could handle.

No reason to hate reality.

If Sarr and Chaundee had returned, our season would have been very good. If just Sarr returned, our entire team changes. At the end of last season, he was virtually unstoppable, rebounded on both ends and played great D.

Sarr got very bad advice. He would have been Wake's focus and would have had an excellent chance at being a 1st round pick. At KY, their one and done crew had no use for him and Cal cares more about the draft than the team.

We would've certainly been better with Sarr this season ... however, his leaving left one open scholarship for the season - that ended up being taken by Carter Whitt. I have no inside info, but it sounded like part of the reason he picked Wake was because he could enroll early. So maybe he doesn't come to Wake without that open scholarship? So personally if given the choice between being kind of bad this year with no Whitt vs really bad this year with 4 more years of a top 70 PG that other recruits have publicly said they are interested in playing with, I think I am going to take the latter.

We would've certainly been better with Sarr this season ... however, his leaving left one open scholarship for the season - that ended up being taken by Carter Whitt. I have no inside info, but it sounded like part of the reason he picked Wake was because he could enroll early. So maybe he doesn't come to Wake without that open scholarship? So personally if given the choice between being kind of bad this year with no Whitt vs really bad this year with 4 more years of a top 70 PG that other recruits have publicly said they are interested in playing with, I think I am going to take the latter.

Amen! We finished dead last with Saar. Can't think our chances with him are that much better. Certainly isn't making KY that much better this year!

No reason to hate reality.

If Sarr and Chaundee had returned, our season would have been very good. If just Sarr returned, our entire team changes. At the end of last season, he was virtually unstoppable, rebounded on both ends and played great D.

Sarr got very bad advice. He would have been Wake's focus and would have had an excellent chance at being a 1st round pick. At KY, their one and done crew had no use for him and Cal cares more about the draft than the team.

IMO too many of our BB and FB players are receiving "very bad advice."

IMO too many of our BB and FB players are receiving "very bad advice."

Problem is, this is pervasive all across college sports whether it is football, basketball, baseball, golf or tennis. I call it the AAU influence or the "me" generation caused by the helicopter & bulldozer parents. Nobody has to work thru adversity--they just have their parents fix it or they transfer in sports.

Back