• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

I mean does it really make sense that the drafters who wrote this law would have defined a chokehold so narrowly that it wouldn't apply to a knee compression to the neck when that is the entire impetus of law? My scepticism alarm went off the moment I read that.

The point is that even if the text reads how you think it does, it doesn’t fucking matter! Police do whatever the fuck they want. They break the law all the time. Weren’t chokeholds already banned in NYC when Eric Garner was killed? Derecka’s broader point is that liberals like you will continue to think tinkering with procedure and throwing money at training will reduce police violence when it won’t.

That’s the 2020 text. Though I imagine the text of that section remains in the 2021 bill, just spitballing here, perhaps you should be sure before disparaging a black woman human rights lawyer and organizer.
Is she has some inside information on the law that it became much worse the 2nd time it was introduced by the same sponsor based on a change of the definition of chokehold, then will admit I am wrong and apologise to her. I find that highly unlikely. If it didn't will you agree with me that her journalism work here was very shoddy and the information was available to verify to a high degree of certainty?

Hassan, Carper, Coons, Tester, Manchin, Sinema, Shaheen, King

Horrible. Do these people understand that $15 minimum wage is more popular than they are? I definitely don't think they realize that nobody expects Republicans to do anything for them, but they do expect Democrats to deliver and punish them when they don't.

Just sticking up for small business owners, Ph. Something you’d never understand !!!

Horrible. Do these people understand that $15 minimum wage is more popular than they are? I definitely don't think they realize that nobody expects Republicans to do anything for them, but they do expect Democrats to deliver and punish them when they don't.

put it another way, complete and utter disdain for poor people is bipartisan

bernie vows to keep bringing this for a vote repeatedly until this passes

also what is the rationale behind continuing the trump venezuela sanctions? i know sailor's answer, but would like to hear it from democrats.

EvmdgeeXIAMvWkk

their defense budget is...a mid size american police dept budget

presumably, since he campaigned on it?

I guess the better question is whether Biden will spend any political capital on getting more votes.

Between minimum wage, HR1, and infrastructure, where does Biden really try to pull some strings?

That vote is straight horseshit. Dems are going to get annihilated in 2022 and deserve every bit of it.

Back