• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

The ironic part of the minimum wage issue is that red states have the lowest wages and need it the most.

put it another way, complete and utter disdain for poor people is bipartisan

Yep. Not as bipartisan as it used to be but definitely bipartisan. Looks like one goal for the next year is to make it so Dems can't win primaries without supporting $15 minimum wage.

I guess the better question is whether Biden will spend any political capital on getting more votes.

Between minimum wage, HR1, and infrastructure, where does Biden really try to pull some strings?

Good question.

That vote is straight horseshit. Dems are going to get annihilated in 2022 and deserve every bit of it.

Just digging their graves and perhaps the grave of any future as a multiracial democracy.

Coons said he supports $15 even though he voted against it. It was a dumb amendment and performative nonsense that never had a chance to be enacted.

Coons said he supports $15 even though he voted against it. It was a dumb amendment and performative nonsense that never had a chance to be enacted.

Nothing more performative than voting No on something you support.

Voting no on something you support because it wasn't presented the right way is some real centrist ChrisL ass shit.

Fuck these motherfuckers. Primary their asses

Voting no on something you support because it wasn't presented the right way is some real centrist ChrisL ass shit.

Fuck these motherfuckers. Primary their asses

Hey, I thought we were all some big team, right? LOL

There was a guaranteed 52 votes against. This was performative nonsense for progressives to express faux outrage.

Last edited:

There was a guaranteed 52 votes against. This was performative nonsense for progressives to express faux outrage.

why was the amendment dumb? what was dumb about it?

or are you saying the politics of it without the votes was dumb?

he could've gone on the record for supporting a $15 minimum wage by, you know, actually voting for a $15 minimum wage. Saying you support something and then voting against it because that's what everybody else is doing is some real stupid shit. Bring the vote up, let people vote against it, then let their constituents pressure them.

You sound like Mitch McConnell with his strategy of never bringing something up for a vote unless he had enough votes to win. Let Senators have a voting record so their constituents know where they stand. That's not performative. That's making politicians actually make a decision.

They are both wrong... it is on Cal Cunningham.

Blame Chuck Schumer who hand picked him over Jeff Jackson. If there is anything that man knows, its losing.

No act. Bree Newsome is acting like a whiny crybaby with her "Biden should send a goon squad to give Manchin a stern talking to" routine. totally ridiculous and tone death to the current reality. Not to mention that it isn't the president that whips votes in congress anyway.

And I have found that over the years I have agreed with rj on some issues and have disagreed with rj on some issues. I don't base my opinions on what rj's opinions are. I try to arrive at them independently.

LOL WUT. The president has policy advisers who's entire job is exactly that.

That vote is straight horseshit. Dems are going to get annihilated in 2022 and deserve every bit of it.

Yep. I fucking hate myself for thinking Biden and crew might be different this time around. Nope, centrist Dems are still shitheads. It is past time for the Progressives to go out on their own and ditch these corporate cucks.

Last edited:
I mean the federal government has five starting grade scale levels that aren’t even minimum wage, and the last one requires a college degree if you don’t have experience.

I also don't think it's "performative" to get politicians on record voting against popular legislation so it can be weaponized against them in the future

I also don't think it's "performative" to get politicians on record voting against popular legislation so it can be weaponized against them in the future
Yeah we get it. You view members of the Democratic Party as the enemy.

I am afraid we may be witnessing the beginning of Chris’s journey to bkfdom

Back