• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

I am afraid we may be witnessing the beginning of Chris’s journey to bkfdom
Yeah because I'm the one losing my shit over a performative amendment vote that we all knew had no chance of passing.

Bkf before his transformation would have been right there with you guys cursing at the sky.

Last edited:
well I was referring to the GOP members who voted against it, but a hit dog will holler
Fair enough but the 1st calls I heard was primary their asses. Your group doesn't have much of a record of success trying to win seats that a Republican could possibly win

Yeah because I'm the one losing my shit over a performative amendment vote that we all knew had no chance of passing.

Bkf before his transformation would have been right there with you guys cursing at the sky.

What is the downside to voting for something that you support? Whether it has a chance of passing or not?

Fair enough but the 1st calls I heard was primary their asses. Your group doesn't have much of a record of success trying to win seats that a Republican could possibly win

I’m being pragmatic here that even a moderate Dem — say Cal Cunningham — should support something as broadly popular as $15 minimum wage so you’d think the Dem leadership would want to get their people on the record for it and the GOP against it

also, you’ve articulated that the vote was performative but have not yet shared why you think the amendment itself was dumb

what about the content are you against or is silly?

The BS performative aspect of politics has only been around forever. It sucks, but can we maybe not act surprised? That faux-surprise and associated anger also seems a wee performative.

Oh yeah those eight names will be a target list for upcoming primaries unless they reverse course on a similar future vote.

Having a D beside your name should mean something. That you actually give a shit about people.

also, you’ve articulated that the vote was performative but have not yet shared why you think the amendment itself was dumb

what about the content are you against or is silly?
I support the minimum wage increase. I have come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be part of this legislation.

I support the minimum wage increase.

Oh yeah those eight names will be a target list for upcoming primaries unless they reverse course on a similar future vote.

Having a D beside your name should mean something. That you actually give a shit about people.

Had Manchin and Sinema not said no way in hell they would vote for the $15 minimum wage, the others would have voted for it. I know that sucks, but the real culprits are Manchin and Sinema.

I support the minimum wage increase. I have come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be part of this legislation.

so then it wasn't a bad amendment

why do you hold your party to such low standards?

It's increasingly hard not to view senators like Manchin as the opposition.

Manchin is fucking up the unemployment part again. He is really a piece of shit.

Dems really need to ensure a majority without him and kick his ass to the curb.

Manchin is fucking up the unemployment part again. He is really a piece of shit.

Dems really need to ensure a majority without him and kick his ass to the curb.
He is still better than an R in that position, But with more democrats he would just be a senator without the person with all the leverage.

the video of Sinema giving the thumbs down on the min wage vote isn't great

Back