• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

We live in a 3500 sf house a block from a golf course in Greensboro. We paid 300k in 2014.
We paid off our starter home in full before we moved but the principal and interest portion of our house payments was never more than $1100.

We live in a 3500 sf house a block from a golf course in Greensboro. We paid 300k in 2014.
We paid off our starter home in full before we moved but the principal and interest portion of our house payments was never more than $1100.

Cool.

Where is Biff I think he might have something to say about the desirability of Greensboro

THANKS, CHRIS!!!

I was just pointing out how cheap housing was in Greensboro particularly out near the airport in the Cardinal. It's more expensive in the city proper.

sick, i paid student loans for the better part of a decade at that amount

But to the original point, going from $200k to $300k certainly changes your day-to-day lifestyle.

Unless you sock away all/most the extra into savings of some sort...then it changes your future lifestyle. If you live long enough to spend it later.

I think the point is that $100 to $200 is life changing and provides financial security.

$200-300 you’re just saving more or buying things you don’t need.

I think that's right. Especially if that's a family income.

Sounds like the poverty-reduction features of the pending Biden legislation aren't really meant for most folks posting here.

Where is Biff I think he might have something to say about the desirability of Greensboro

Makes you wonder why housing is so cheap in Greater Greensboro. Move out five miles and you've got a 6-acre goat farm.

AOC was posting on Instagram Live answering questions like this and for any one she couldn't answer she said to conduct your member of Congress because there are caseworkers to help with this. Mine is...Madison Cawthorn. Doubt I'll get any help there.

It might be fun if you could actually get Cawthorne himself on the phone and quiz him about the details of the bill. My guess is that he would quickly prove to be entertainingly clueless. Of course you'd never actually get him on the phone personally, one of his staffers would no doubt take the call, if they took it at all. He's probably too busy beating a small tree or bush into submission.

It might be fun if you could actually get Cawthorne himself on the phone and quiz him about the details of the bill. My guess is that he would quickly prove to be entertainingly clueless. Of course you'd never actually get him on the phone personally, one of his staffers would no doubt take the call, if they took it at all. He's probably too busy beating a small tree or bush into submission.

He could absolutely get him on the phone. Butter up the receptionist by saying you'd like to max out donations and have several dozen friends who'd like to bundle for him.

I'd bet you'd get him on the phone in sixty seconds or less.

I was just pointing out how cheap housing was in Greensboro particularly out near the airport in the Cardinal. It's more expensive in the city proper.

I was shocked at how much higher property taxes were.

I guess many board progressives disagree with Congressional progressive heroes:

"Bernie Sanders, an independent senator from Vermont and a leading champion for many of the progressive policies included in the bill, expressed a similar viewpoint over the weekend. He called the stimulus "the most significant piece of legislation to benefit working people in the modern history of this country" upon its passage in the Senate on Saturday.

Progressives, too, are taking credit for the bill. Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington, who chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus, called the stimulus a "truly progressive and bold package that delivers on its promise to put money directly in people's pockets."

Last edited:
I guess many board progressives disagree with Congressional progressive heroes:

"Bernie Sanders, an independent senator from Vermont and a leading champion for many of the progressive policies included in the bill, expressed a similar viewpoint over the weekend. He called the stimulus "the most significant piece of legislation to benefit working people in the modern history of this country" upon its passage in the Senate on Saturday.

Progressives, too, are taking credit for the bill. Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington, who chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus, called the stimulus a "truly progressive and bold package that delivers on its promise to put money directly in people's pockets."

Is anyone doing that

But is anyone doing that specifically or are you arguing with the mere idea of this thread

I would just like to point out that there is literally one person in my entire previous school system that made over 100k a year, and she didn't clear it by much. There are people with doctorates and well over 30 years of experience that don't even come close to sniffing that amount of money.

Back