• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

I would just like to point out that there is literally one person in my entire previous school system that made over 100k a year, and she didn't clear it by much. There are people with doctorates and well over 30 years of experience that don't even come close to sniffing that amount of money.

Weigh that against being able to leverage your PhD to game the system and get early access to vaccines.

Big relief bill passed with minimal compromise
Garland is in at AG 70 to 30; just about all other nominations getting done
All markets at all time highs
Case and death rate way down
2M vaccinations / day and rising

i dunno seems sleepy Joe is doing just fine. (I still want to believe that he was playing 5 dimensional chess with that one nomination and the $15MW as a way to optically "lose" something that really wasn't uber important anyways. probably reaching on that....)

They barely got this through. Saying there's more on the table is not consistent with current reality.

Dems finally learning lessons from 08/09. Snuck in all sorts of good things while moderates were arguing about $300 vs $400.

Direct checks for kids
No income taxes on forgiven student loans
ACA eligibility expansion
$5 billion to farmers of color

Dems finally learning lessons from 08/09. Snuck in all sorts of good things while moderates were arguing about $300 vs $400.

Direct checks for kids
No income taxes on forgiven student loans
ACA eligibility expansion
$5 billion to farmers of color

Food relief for laid off restaurant workers
80k unhomed provided with permanent housing
Direct payments to families who rely on school meals
Pension protections for truck drivers, retail workers, builders

And perhaps most importantly compared to the Trump stimulus, no giveaways to corporate/rich private interests not in need

brilliant smokescreen of canceling Dr Seuss, the Muppet Show, Pepe Le Pew and Lola Bunny to sneak all this crippling debt in

Big relief bill passed with minimal compromise
Garland is in at AG 70 to 30; just about all other nominations getting done
All markets at all time highs
Case and death rate way down
2M vaccinations / day and rising

i dunno seems sleepy Joe is doing just fine. (I still want to believe that he was playing 5 dimensional chess with that one nomination and the $15MW as a way to optically "lose" something that really wasn't uber important anyways. probably reaching on that....)

I jokingly thought that too but in the last few days we've got Joe Manchin inching closer to ending the filibuster. It's quite plausible that Biden and Bernie got together and figured out how to give the contrarian centrists and hard left the chance to be against something to get it out of their systems. Float up Neera Tanden as sacrifice her to her haters on both sides. Keep fighting for $15 minimum wage and give the moderates a chance to vote against it and a chance for progressives to hate them for it but still get 42 Dems on the record for it.

That way they can come together to support and promote this COVID relief package as Biden and Harris start selling it around the country. Seems to be widespread agreement from throughout the party that this is a good relief bill. Fights over $300 vs. $400 or $1400 vs. $2000 are largely in the past and $15 minimum wage will be another fight for another day.

And Republicans are distracted by cancel culture nonsense in their bubble so they have no real argument against this.

Last edited:
Still hasn't set a new PD concerning refugees like he promised. He did the necessary Congressional consultation a month ago, so all that's holding this up is him signing it. Hundreds of flights of those being resettled in the next month have been cancelled because of this delay - many of these being reunifications that families have waited years for.

The record number of unaccompanied minors is extremely sad to see unfold

The problem is they have been waiting there for 1-3 years. It isn't something that just happened. They have finally been given an opportunity.

A lot of that is holdover from Trump's MPP policy and the Biden administration trying to sort that out. I don't think they are handling that perfectly, but it's a mess to try to undo. A lot of private funding is needed immediately to bridge the gap until the gov't can fund a solution.

it would really help me if the tax deadline is extended as getting our son's SSN is taking for goddamn forever. there was a bipartisan letter from about 100 House members sent to the head of the IRS.

"union education meetings"

yikes

have you seen Superstore? pretty formulaic sitcom at times, but also has a lot of labor-related plot lines

the one where corporate sends in the "labor consultant" was pitch perfect

have you seen Superstore? pretty formulaic sitcom at times, but also has a lot of labor-related plot lines

the one where corporate sends in the "labor consultant" was pitch perfect

I love Superstore. I don't see it as formulaic - it really stands out to me. And yes, the "labor consultant" was perfect.

Worked in management at Target for 3 years, anti-union training was part of day 1.

Back