• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

can you provide any evidence of his decades long strident support of minimum wage hikes or is it just a gut feeling you have

Biden has even made it policy not to give federal contracts to companies that don't pay at least $15/hour, but that's bad for you, too.

i am glad he's come around to it in 2021 as it was a key part of his 2020 stump, but i don't see any evidence of decades worth of support for it, though i'd like to very much, if you have it

BTW what's the current vibe on Biden running again vs passing torch to Harris? are there betting markets on this yet?

Based on only the first 37 days, it looks like the plan is to pass the torch. Harris seems to be everywhere Biden is.

Based on only the first 37 days, it looks like the plan is to pass the torch. Harris seems to be everywhere Biden is.

i noticed that too - she's taking lots of meetings with foreign HOS. they are going to put a lot of pressure on him to say one way or another by next year's midterms. has a sitting president ever *not* run for reelection when eligible?

also if he passes the torch, would someone come out of the wordwork and primary Harris? Beto / AOC / 100 year old Bernie, etc.?

i salute the spirit of this thread but won't hold my breath, so long as dems can scapegoat pubs for their problems, it'll just be aw shucks well we tried

i think the democrats expect the "Family Separation at the Border" thread to die now that they're in charge of the cages and ICE and deportation policy

i think they think we won't care about drone strikes or austerity politics because they're the ones doing them

and generally they'll be right

In this era of partisanship at 19% majority is huge.

Dems lost 2010 because of ACA. The racism didn't help, but it wasn't in the league of ACA. The ads in that time were overwhelmingly anti-ACA.

Biden promised to get Covid relief passed. It's about to pass the House.

Biden promised to get back into the Paris Accords. We did.

Biden promised to pass the expansion of the 14th Amendment to include the LGBTQ community. It has passed the House.

Biden promised to get 100,000,000 vaccines in arms in 100 days. He's over 50M in 30 days.

Biden also wants to create a much bigger public option for ACA which he may be able to do as an Executive Order.

WTF can you realistically expect in thirty days with a 50/50 Senate?

Dem leadership is “Bought and paid for cucks”

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good job Townie.

The three geriatrics who currently run the Democratic Party need to a) get shit done or b) fucking quit or die. The American people can longer wait for them. Our country is broken, impoverished and slipping into aggressive disrepair. We’re closer to a second world country than most people realize.

I’m fucking done waiting on the Moderate Dems to get permission from the corporate overlords to pass anything. Tell WV Joe to get on board or to get fucked. He’ll have zero chance to run for re-election as a Pub or Indy, he’s getting Qanon’d in the primary, so he needs the Democratic Party as much as they need him.

mod dems digging through the floor trying to take the bar subterranean

i noticed that too - she's taking lots of meetings with foreign HOS. they are going to put a lot of pressure on him to say one way or another by next year's midterms. has a sitting president ever *not* run for reelection when eligible?

also if he passes the torch, would someone come out of the wordwork and primary Harris? Beto / AOC / 100 year old Bernie, etc.?

yes, LBJ in 68. I guess technically any president pre-FDR that didn't run for another term also.

Dem leadership is “Bought and paid for cucks”

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good job Townie.

The three geriatrics who currently run the Democratic Party need to a) get shit done or b) fucking quit or die. The American people can longer wait for them. Our country is broken, impoverished and slipping into aggressive disrepair. We’re closer to a second world country than most people realize.

I’m fucking done waiting on the Moderate Dems to get permission from the corporate overlords to pass anything. Tell WV Joe to get on board or to get fucked. He’ll have zero chance to run for re-election as a Pub or Indy, he’s getting Qanon’d in the primary, so he needs the Democratic Party as much as they need him.

Like every one other of your posts you wanted to put Biden or moderated Dems down. The post CLEARLY shows this.

Nearly every one of your posts is ATTACK on moderated Dems.

It's SAD you try to put down honest, human emotion. It's SAD but even SADDER is that is it expected from you.

A lot of the angst and misplaced blame on this thread could be avoided if people realized that the Dems don't really have a senate majority. They have ~48ish Democratically leaning seats and 2 left-leaning conservative seats. Nothing Schumer and Biden and Harris can do if Manchin won't vote for something.

Bernie Sanders is the chairman of the budget committee. Why isn't he waving his magic wand and making this happen?

Oh yeah, i forgot, everything is the fault of centrist democrats to the disaffected progressive.

Manchin doesn't need the Dems at all. He could win without them. He won against a rich guy in a state Trump won by nearly 40 points.

Dems need Manchin until they pick up seats in 2022.

Bernie Sanders is the chairman of the budget committee. Why isn't he waving his magic wand and making this happen?

Oh yeah, i forgot, everything is the fault of centrist democrats to the disaffected progressive.

The chairman of the budget committee suggested it must be included in reconciliation because it would otherwise face a filibuster, and also argued on the Senate floor for withholding tax benefits to large corporations who don't pay a $15 minimum wage. He's pushing much harder than other senior leaders.

I for one am glad to see Dems not engaging with Pub senators and passing half assed bi-partisan measures on COVID relief or health care. I am glad Schumer and Pelosi didn’t cave and take the pubs’ $600B Covid Bill. They did that with the ACA and in the end no one was ecstatic with the results and it cost the Dems congress for a decade and (in part) the presidency in 2016.

lol ChrisL page 3 before you bring up Bernie out of nowhere you're slowing down man!

The chairman of the budget committee suggested it must be included in reconciliation because it would otherwise face a filibuster, and also argued on the Senate floor for withholding tax benefits to large corporations who don't pay a $15 minimum wage. He's pushing much harder than other senior leaders.
He wasted everybody's time pushing something that was clearly gonna get struck down by the senate parliamentarian.

He wasted everybody's time pushing something that was clearly gonna get struck down by the senate parliamentarian.

what "wasted" more time: that or the impeachment

Back