• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

on topic of the conservative trope of getting madder at hypocrisy than the thing itself being bad

E3bv4XyXMAMxiji

libs be like well actually what you have to understand about the comments is

One of my biggest concerns with the Biden administration is how the DOJ is operating. Not a big Garland fan at all so far:

“Vigorously” defending the religious exemption from federal civil rights law that allows federally funded religious schools to discriminate against LGBTQ students.

Backing the Trump administration in the Carroll defamation case -- I understand background reasoning on this but it's not compelling.

Appealing US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson's order requiring release of the Office of Legal Counsel's memo that Barr used to clear Trump of obstruction-of-justice following Mueller's investigation.

Garland doesn't have to do any of this shit -- he's playing this way too middle of the road (which is who he is).

doesn't the fact that the president's son was caught using racist language support the idea that america might be a racist country? what am i missing here?

Angus is just showing that the president’s point still stands.

But Townie, if Dems retaliate when they’re in power, Republicans will…oh yeah, do what they always do anyway.

But if Democrats use a narrow majority to get rid of the filibuster when Republicans are in power they’ll…oh yeah, do what they’re doing in state legislatures right now that Democrats won’t stop by ending the filibuster.

No, I actually don’t think the border is a huge problem right now. I think illegal immigration is a problem that will never be fixed when you have hundreds of millions of people living in areas of crime and poverty. You’re going to have them come into the US for a better life. That isn’t going away whether you have a wall or not.

My complaint is an interview mistake, while small is just an unforced error that feeds back into the right wing media loop.

My issue about not meeting the danger of the moment was a broader statement on the demise of democracy which is occurring, where Washington democrats seem to not see with an urgency or strategy to address.

I didn't see her comments but it seems you are saying you don't think the border is a problem but Harris should have had a response ready to seem prepared to address the "problem" at the border? I'm probably misunderstanding the issue because I don't think she needs to visit the border as a top priority to deal with immigration issues. Statistics are more important for policy making than anecdotal cameos.

Sure but they’re not more important for politics.

Sometimes Dems need to sprinkle in performative bullshit to counter Republican total per native bullshit.

Not by itself. Politicians are never going to completely counter Republican bullshit because Republicans have a never ending supply of bullshit. But they can do the little things to address the most obvious bullshit which pushes the right-wing to engage in more and more obvious bullshit that either mainstream media won’t cover or allows Democrats to go on the offensive and be like, “y’all need to stop worrying about dumb bullshit.”

The Republican party is more beholden to idealogues so I can see where that would be attractive to you (and Glenn Greenwald), but they also have a structural advantage due to the quirks in the Constitution where they can play endless defense with a minority of mostly white low population state voters

well the democratic party has you running cover for them, so they should be all set

to be fair, not hard for the GOP to hit doubles up the middle when all you have to do is invent a scary thing and yell about it a lot

well the democratic party has you running cover for them, so they should be all set
Reality is reality whether one likes it or not. The Republican party isn't growing by appealing to this ideological base they are actually shrinking pretty fast but they have this strategy that will work in our constitutional system which wouldn't work in any other winner take all system around the world and by appealing to the right subsection of voters.

That strategy could never work for the democrats who are appealing to a more diverse electorate. Has the progressive strategy in elections done anything except for helping the republicans entrench power for the past 50 years?

There are 2 parties and the democrats are a lot better than the republicans so I support them.

Last edited:
to be fair, not hard for the GOP to hit doubles up the middle when all you have to do is invent a scary thing and yell about it a lot

Basically. The question is why can't Democrats yell about scary things that actually exist. Perhaps the answer is that they're not as easy to address.

Just in the last few months we've seen Republicans make up issues around voting, trans kids, and CRT, get the base riled up, and pass vague but harmful bills to address them. Democrats have real issues and they could use a similar strategy if they could get unified.

Basically. The question is why can't Democrats yell about scary things that actually exist. Perhaps the answer is that they're not as easy to address.

Just in the last few months we've seen Republicans make up issues around voting, trans kids, and CRT, get the base riled up, and pass vague but harmful bills to address them. Democrats have real issues and they could use a similar strategy if they could get unified.
I mean the problem is with the type of electorate the democrats have that vague fear based campaigning wouldn't work. There has to be some reasonable people in the population.

lol already the three of you are trying to thread the needle with a message when apparently dems have the broadest electorate to appeal to

a microcosm of rich dem brain is always on display on this board

I’m not threading a needle but whatever.

I assume you’re talking about clear and direct messages like $15/hr minimum wage, legal weed, basic fucking human rights, etc.

Back