Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    It was obvious a month ago that the minimum wage hike would be a deal breaker for getting a Covid bill thru quickly. At that point you fucking remove it and move forward. Instead you held the people in need hostage over an issue that should be a stand alone bill, and ended up being cucked by multiple members of your own party as well as the parliamentarian.

Absolute failure of leadership.
    The question is, was it an intentional failure of leadership? I wouldn’t put it past Schumer and Pelosi. They only care about appearances and identity politics. Helping people is not a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    The question is, was it an intentional failure of leadership? I wouldn’t put it past Schumer and Pelosi. They only care about appearances and identity politics. Helping people is not a priority.
    By letting the Parliamentarian force it out of the bill, he becomes the fall guy, and the rest can say "we tried." Now they need to get a minimum wage bill into the system ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    By letting the Parliamentarian force it out of the bill, he becomes the fall guy, and the rest can say "we tried." Now they need to get a minimum wage bill into the system ASAP.
    She

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    if you were a republican making a "McConnell accountability thread" you might expect inability to whip votes for a key bill to be on the thread, that was my point rather than whether or not you hear about it
    Huh?

Scooter Banks

Good to see the magic, fairy-dust, mind-control politics crew back in action! I do miss the Strick and mdmh ride or dies though.

Glad to see it's 2010 again. Time is a flat circle. I'll go back in my hole now. The left lost, so I don't have any room to complain about who won.

Scooter Banks

Feel free to complain, just try to sprinkle in some acknowledgement of practical realities along with the fairy dust.

There is simply no need for the "Family Separation at the border" or "Journalist murdered in Saudi Arabia" or "War with Iran?" threads anymore as those things are all now...checks notes...good.

sorry, person choosing between feeding their family and paying rent

we don't have any Magic Fairy Dust here in Congress and by the way have you heard of a little thing called the Senate Parliamentarian? grow up.

Scooter Banks

Yeah, I don't think I said either of those things.

Give me your solution. Detailed.

Organize and vote for leftists. Kick out the olds.

Scooter Banks

Organize and vote for leftists. Kick out the olds.
    I'm all in - that's not where we are right now though.

Manchin and Sinema can fuck off into the sun, but right now they exist and hold sway. Wish they didn't.

Banhammer'd
    sorry, person choosing between feeding their family and paying rent

we don't have any Magic Fairy Dust here in Congress and by the way have you heard of a little thing called the Senate Parliamentarian? grow up.
    And given the breakdown of the Senate, it is unrealistic to think money could have been gotten out sooner than it will. Due Monster Mitch, there was no way to get to 60 votes. The only way to get the full $1.9T to those who need was to do it via reconciliation which has specific rules of what must be done.

I wish I was 25 again, but that has as much chance of happening as getting the Covid bill passed any quicker than they are doing.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    I'm all in - that's not where we are right now though.

Manchin and Sinema can fuck off into the sun, but right now they exist and hold sway. Wish they didn't.
    This. Feel free to dream about 2023, but we're in 2021.

townie dude 80%+ of posters here are comfortable with their station

there's no left here

don't blame me I voted for joe biden

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Cage View Post

hey what the fuck are you doing at my house...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Cage View Post

President Sanders isn’t getting 50 votes for a $15 minimum wage either.

y'all need to hit refresh on your stagnant stereotypes of leftists

the only people who bring up Bernie around here any more are nervous moddems lol keep grilling