• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

The question is, was it an intentional failure of leadership? I wouldn’t put it past Schumer and Pelosi. They only care about appearances and identity politics. Helping people is not a priority.

By letting the Parliamentarian force it out of the bill, he becomes the fall guy, and the rest can say "we tried." Now they need to get a minimum wage bill into the system ASAP.

if you were a republican making a "McConnell accountability thread" you might expect inability to whip votes for a key bill to be on the thread, that was my point rather than whether or not you hear about it

Huh?

Good to see the magic, fairy-dust, mind-control politics crew back in action! I do miss the Strick and mdmh ride or dies though.

Glad to see it's 2010 again. Time is a flat circle. I'll go back in my hole now. The left lost, so I don't have any room to complain about who won.

Feel free to complain, just try to sprinkle in some acknowledgement of practical realities along with the fairy dust.

There is simply no need for the "Family Separation at the border" or "Journalist murdered in Saudi Arabia" or "War with Iran?" threads anymore as those things are all now...checks notes...good.

sorry, person choosing between feeding their family and paying rent

we don't have any Magic Fairy Dust here in Congress and by the way have you heard of a little thing called the Senate Parliamentarian? grow up.

Organize and vote for leftists. Kick out the olds.

sorry, person choosing between feeding their family and paying rent

we don't have any Magic Fairy Dust here in Congress and by the way have you heard of a little thing called the Senate Parliamentarian? grow up.

And given the breakdown of the Senate, it is unrealistic to think money could have been gotten out sooner than it will. Due Monster Mitch, there was no way to get to 60 votes. The only way to get the full $1.9T to those who need was to do it via reconciliation which has specific rules of what must be done.

I wish I was 25 again, but that has as much chance of happening as getting the Covid bill passed any quicker than they are doing.

I'm all in - that's not where we are right now though.

Manchin and Sinema can fuck off into the sun, but right now they exist and hold sway. Wish they didn't.

This. Feel free to dream about 2023, but we're in 2021.

townie dude 80%+ of posters here are comfortable with their station

there's no left here

4fb.png

don't blame me I voted for joe biden

y'all need to hit refresh on your stagnant stereotypes of leftists

the only people who bring up Bernie around here any more are nervous moddems lol keep grilling

Is there anybody here who doesn't support $15 minimum wage? I do. I really don't understand the need by some leftists to try to create divisions with moderates in areas where they really don't exist.

Last edited:
Back