• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
They've been in power for over a month, so lets take a look at what they've done so far.

COVID Relief Package? Not yet.
$15/hr Minimum Wage? Nope
Holding Insurrectionist leaders accountable? Not that either.

This thread is designed to be a catch all thread for the latest successes and failures of the presidency of Joe Biden and the 117th U.S. Congress.

A few more "highlights" of the first 37 days:
Migrant children still being held in cages
Zero health care reform

COVID Vaccine roll out seems to doing much better since Biden took over, so I will give him credit for that.

i'll be honest - i guess i'm a moderate liberal. i'm kinda torn between a) "Biden should just follow the Trump playbook and ram through shit, consequences and bipartisanship be damned" vs. b) the "Biden should restore (some) honor and dignity to the office, work across the aisle here and there and try and set our democracy back on track vs. the current zero sum game / all that matters is winning". i guess i'm a fool if i think path b) will work so he might as well claim a mandate from the voters and do whatever the fuck he wants.

getting out of COVID will be a huge tailwind for the administration, even if they don't actually do much to facilitate it. vaccine rollout is better i guess, but could still be way better organized. relief bill will be huge litmus test.

but as creamy said i wake up every day slightly less concerned that the world might end or civil war will break out, which is nice.

BTW what's the current vibe on Biden running again vs passing torch to Harris? are there betting markets on this yet?

last post pad: Schumer can go get fucked i hope AOC primaries him.

They've been in power for over a month, so lets take a look at what they've done so far.

This thread is designed to be a catch all thread for the latest successes and failures of the presidency of Joe Biden and the 117th U.S. Congress.

This is total millennial BULLSHIT!

The package has been written and passed by the House. Due to the inane filibuster rule, it has to be done a different way. But you want what you want REGARDLESS of the law or the rules and you want it YESTERDAY regardless of if it's not possible.

They tried to get the $15/hr minimum wage passed the only way it could and the Senate rules, not any of the people you listed, barred that from happening.

I am no fan of Schumer or Pelosi and want them replaced, but you are totally out of line and aren't dealing with reality. You sound like a 2yo who wants his toy.

Are you this desperate to create a battle in witch you can even reach the sweat dripping of old balls?

Only those (read MILLENNIALS) who have done NOTHING for themselves think type this...typical...Brasky and Townie blame everyone but youselves.
Maybe this is your problem:

http://time.com/4435058/millennials-virgins-sex/

The DIFFERECNE between us and you is that if we saw a problem, we went and tried to fix it. VIOLA! Microwave Popcorn. You WHINE, BLAME others for it and post on social media like AOC

It's only been one month.

Job one was ramping up vaccine so more people in the biggest pandemic in 100 years don't die.
Biggest stimulus package ever is imminent.
There isn't a daily shitstorm of nonsense.

And the problem is? .......

This is total millennial BULLSHIT!

The package has been written and passed by the House. Due to the inane filibuster rule, it has to be done a different way. But you want what you want REGARDLESS of the law or the rules and you want it YESTERDAY regardless of if it's not possible.

They tried to get the $15/hr minimum wage passed the only way it could and the Senate rules, not any of the people you listed, barred that from happening.

I am no fan of Schumer or Pelosi and want them replaced, but you are totally out of line and aren't dealing with reality. You sound like a 2yo who wants his toy.

Have you read what's in the COVID relief bill? It's absolute horseshit and it's why democrats will probably lose the senate and compete control over the next few years. They're slightly better than Republicans right now, but that bill doesn't read as one that is working to help the middle class and suffering Americans in general.

Pelosi and Schumer are a two headed monster that won't allow any bipartisanship. Not saying the Republicans were any better, but those two dipshits need to gtfoh if the Dems are going to regain credibility.

lol the bar is set Trump high and these folks will still trip on it, gonna get absolutely annihilated in the midterms and 2024

Pelosi and Schumer are a two headed monster that won't allow any bipartisanship. Not saying the Republicans were any better, but those two dipshits need to gtfoh if the Dems are going to regain credibility.

McConnell will never allow bipartisanship and has proven this for over a decade. Of all the things I disagree with Schumer and Pelosi about saying they won't "allow" bipartisanship is not one of them. What they won't do is genuflect to everything the GOP demands.

then why the fuck did we elect Joe Biden

McConnell will never allow bipartisanship and has proven this for over a decade. Of all the things I disagree with Schumer and Pelosi about saying they won't "allow" bipartisanship is not one of them. What they won't do is genuflect to everything the GOP demands.

McConnell also sucks! Clean house.

It's like we actually do need someone to drain the swamp...Clean house on both sides.

All comes back to terms limits. The fact there aren't term limits is borderline criminal.

who gives a shit about bipartisanship

remember in 2017 when ted cruz said "we don't have to listen to the advice of the parliamentarian"? and so they didn't.

GOP are evil ghouls but they get stuff done because they don't care about this absolute nonsense.

someone more cynical than me would say they're gonna listen to the parliamentarian not because of norms or whatever, but because they never wanted to pass minimum wage hike in the first place, cause they're bought and paid for cucks.

go tell someone who has made the same minimum wage for a decade plus we can't raise their wages because of an unelected rando.

McConnell also sucks! Clean house.

It's like we actually do need someone to drain the swamp...Clean house on both sides.

All comes back to terms limits. The fact there aren't term limits is borderline criminal.

Term limits are the worst idea ever. Besides taking away my right to vote whom I want, it will make DC exponentially less efficient and more corrupt than it is today. If there is constant turnover, even less will get done as people will no relationships with anyone but donors. If you aren't independently wealthy and willing to spend your own money, you will have to kowtow to donors, PACs and interest groups. They will need the money and bodies to get elected and fill out their term limits.

It will also mean Members will be looking for their next job from the day they take office. Many (probably most) will be open to the highest bidder. '

Term limits is like so many RW ideas. They are bumper stickers that sound good until you try to make them happen.

Back