• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

In that case I fully expect the Democrats to accomplish nothing for the rest of this session. Good luck on passing voter protection laws or anything even mildly to the left of Manchin and Sinema.

Maybe. I feel like $15 minimum wage is a train that Democrats either need to get on or it’s going to run them over.

the video of Sinema giving the thumbs down on the min wage vote isn't great

Sen. Sinema’s spokesperson said it’s sexist to comment on a female politician’s “body language” or “physical demeanor” when HuffPost inquired about her thumbs down vote on min. wage. bit.ly/3uWiMfn

seems like something Sen. Sinema’s spokesperson would say

Maybe. I feel like $15 minimum wage is a train that Democrats either need to get on or it’s going to run them over.

Maybe I've grown too jaded, but never underestimate the ability of the Democratic Congressional leadership to fuck up any piece of legislation or bills that should otherwise pass.

Oh they’ll fuck it up. The question is if people will show up to vote for them in 2022 knowing that it’s fuck up Dems vs fascists.

Oh they’ll fuck it up. The question is if people will show up to vote for them in 2022 knowing that it’s fuck up Dems vs fascists.

That’s not a sales pitch that will work forever, “it’s us or fascists”

Especially if “us” isn’t really giving you anything

West virginians have been consistently pulling the lever for manchin over his opponent for decades. The idea that he has 0 chance to win reelection is a curious one. I imagine once they start rating the race he will be the favorite.

West virginians have been consistently pulling the lever for manchin over his opponent for decades. The idea that he has 0 chance to win reelection is a curious one. I imagine once they start rating the race he will be the favorite.

He got 61% of the vote in 2012 but didn’t even get to 50% in 2018. AND his next election is a Presidential election year. Definitely depends on who the Republicans run but it doesn’t look great.

The last time a Democrat got within 10 points of a Republican in the West Virginia presidential election was 2000. Manchin has been winning elections in the state both for state level and federal level offices that entire time.

The last senate race that he won in 2018 the Republicans swept all the house races by 10 to 30 points.

It’s going to be awesome when the WV pubs run on the “Joe Manchin is a communist” slogan.

Priority seems to pass the vast majority of this legislation via this complex budget reconciliation process. 15 dollar MW Seen as an obstacle.

I suspect we’ll see the MW go up before too long but maybe not to 15...?

Priority seems to pass the vast majority of this legislation via this complex budget reconciliation process. 15 dollar MW Seen as an obstacle.

I suspect we’ll see the MW go up before too long but maybe not to 15...?
I imagine that's what's going to end up happening. The truth of the matter is that a move to $15 minimum wage would mostly have an impact on rural areas in this country that have lower cost of living and vote overwhelmingly republican anyway. With all major retailers moving to $15 an hour for people who stock their shelves It's gonna filter down to all the other retailers grocery stores fast food restaurants etc in any population center even if their minimum wage isnt close to $15 anyway.

Does that count for an original thought O arrogant one?

Last edited:
Back