• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

jesus i'm already tired of posting on the tunnels how do y'all do this every day

What's the point of keeping the Senate 50/50 when two Democratic Senators can overreach and threaten to block everything meaningful, and the gutless Senate leadership won't get rid of the filibuster? If the Dems are going to be that limped dick, Biden may as well just appoint Sanders to Labor and Warren to Commerce.

Manchin and Sinema should have discovered severed donkey heads in their beds by now. In very clear teams they need to be told to get in line, or to begin preparing for the next Republican primary, because they will be forced out of the party if they don't shut up and get in line.

Last edited:
Don't be so defeatist.

I Googled "number of grad students at University of Pittsburgh". According to Google there are over 9000 grad students. At least a couple must know people in the media. All you need is to get on somewhere to build your case. You don't have to start on the national news or even leading in Pittsburgh.

Are you in touch with grad students at Penn State? Temple? How about aligning with the PA SEIU?

What's the point of keeping the Senate 50/50 when two Democratic Senators can overreach and threaten to block everything meaningful, and the gutless Senate leadership won't get rid of the filibuster? If the Dems are going to be that limped dick, Biden may as well just appoint Sanders to Labor and Warren to Commerce.

Manchin and Sinema should have discovered severed donkey heads in their beds by now. In very clear teams they need to be told to get in line, or to begin preparing for the next Republican primary, because they will be forced out of the party if they don't shut up and get in line.

I don't think threatening Manchin with the fact that he couldn't run as a Democrat in a state that went Trump +40 is the motivator you think it is.

What's the point of keeping the Senate 50/50 when two Democratic Senators can overreach and threaten to block everything meaningful,.

I do concede to chrisL that removing mitch from the speaker role is significant

but it's otherwise incredibly frustrating

Don't be so defeatist.

I Googled "number of grad students at University of Pittsburgh". According to Google there are over 9000 grad students. At least a couple must know people in the media. All you need is to get on somewhere to build your case. You don't have to start on the national news or even leading in Pittsburgh.

Are you in touch with grad students at Penn State? Temple? How about aligning with the PA SEIU?

rj what exactly do you think we are doing

FWIW Bernie didn't want to get rid of the filibuster either (which I'll never understand).

I don't actually think Manchin and Sinema are the problem, it comes back to the thread title. DSCC and Schumer pick fucking god awful candidates. There were more winnable races out there to bolster the majority for Dems after Donald Fucking Trump was just president. Why the blue wave had to stop at 2018 is solely on Schumer.

we (grad union + faculty union campaigns) have been on the news several times.

the goal isn't only more representation. at this point, it's a successful election.

keep in mind the university spends $1 million a year to craft and distribute counter-messaging.

Never mind. I keep forgetting you are so far superior to me, I shouldn't make any statements or ask any questions. I have nothing of value to say or any experience in anything.

I should just get an IV of Geritol and new tennis balls on my walker as I wait to be sent to my ice floe.

So far keeping score of the Biden administration...

2,000 dollar stimulus checks: Never going to happen (despite winning the senate running behind it)
15 dollar minimum wage: Never going to happen (Spoiler: They never wanted it to happen)
Kids in cages: More than ever
Bombs in Syria: You betcha
Bullshit American imperialism: Check and Check
Knee bending to the CPP: We should invest in lube and knee pads
Unions for rich white grad students: TBD
Vaccine roll out: Still thoroughly fucked
Spending political capital on pushing through Neera fucking Tanden while the people want covid relief: fuckin right

He is nicer than Trump I guess, but fuck this.

When you prioritize Neera Tanden and bombing Syria over stimulus checks to the people you can fuck right on off. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

how it started

I've noticed the total silence from the far left posters here about Biden's historic, full-throated support of unions and creating unions. I've never heard a POTUS be so open, definitive and strong in his bsupport of the union movement in America.

I can't wait to see the excuses of why this wasn't a huge victory for workers and leveling the playing field.

how it's going

Never mind. I keep forgetting you are so far superior to me, I shouldn't make any statements or ask any questions. I have nothing of value to say or any experience in anything.

I should just get an IV of Geritol and new tennis balls on my walker as I wait to be sent to my ice floe.

2,000 dollar stimulus checks: Never going to happen (despite winning the senate running behind it)
15 dollar minimum wage: Never going to happen (Spoiler: They never wanted it to happen)
Kids in cages: More than ever
Bombs in Syria: You betcha
Vaccine roll out: Still thoroughly fucked
Spending political capital on pushing through Neera fucking Tanden while the people want covid relief: fuckin right

When you prioritize Neera Tanden and bombing Syria over stimulus checks to the people you can fuck right on off. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Oof. The Fox News is strong with this one.

if only

also, i'm no biden fan, but having Merck agree to produce J&J vaccines seems like a good use of White House leadership

2,000 dollar stimulus checks: Never going to happen (despite winning the senate running behind it) - Totally FALSE- it was a TOTAL of $2000. Even Bernie Sanders says that. Stop telling this lie.
15 dollar minimum wage: Never going to happen (Spoiler: They never wanted it to happen)Again total BS. The only reason this is passed is Joe Manchin
Kids in cages: More than ever Totally disingenuous. Pay attention to DHS. They are ACTIVELY putting families back together.
Bombs in Syria: You betcha You're so right! we should allow Iran to attack American soldiers with no price to pay!
Vaccine roll out: Still thoroughly fucked Totally fucked? 50M in less than 40 days and close to double that in March. This is total BS.
Spending political capital on pushing through Neera fucking Tanden while the people want covid relief: fuckin right AGAIN TOTAL BS! Because of Moscow Mitch's obstructionism, they had to go through reconciliation. There is LEGAL procedure that must be followed by LAW. That takes time. Again, you don't what you are talking about.

You're just WRONG.

Back