• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

not sure why I took him off tbh

I can tell one thing. If you didn't act so superior, incapable of being wrong and condescending, you'd be amazed at responses.

I'd bet if you treated others as you'd like to like to be treated things would be different. Sadly, you aren't willing to try,

So far keeping score of the Biden administration...

2,000 dollar stimulus checks: Never going to happen (despite winning the senate running behind it)
15 dollar minimum wage: Never going to happen (Spoiler: They never wanted it to happen)
Kids in cages: More than ever
Bombs in Syria: You betcha
Bullshit American imperialism: Check and Check
Knee bending to the CPP: We should invest in lube and knee pads
Unions for rich white grad students: TBD
Vaccine roll out: Still thoroughly fucked
Spending political capital on pushing through Neera fucking Tanden while the people want covid relief: fuckin right

He is nicer than Trump I guess, but fuck this.

When you prioritize Neera Tanden and bombing Syria over stimulus checks to the people you can fuck right on off. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

I must agree.

And that has been cleaered up many times.

It's been cleared up incorrectly.

Biden didn't say I'm going to send out $1,400 checks in order to make it an even $2,000... He said the first thing he was going to do was send out $2,000 checks.

It's been cleared up incorrectly.

Biden didn't say I'm going to send out $1,400 checks in order to make it an even $2,000... He said the first thing he was going to do was send out $2,000 checks.

And his office cleared it up. Even Bernie Sanders supported this concept. No matter how many times you want to make this so, it won't happen.

And his office cleared it up. Even Bernie Sanders supported this concept. No matter how many times you want to make this so, it won't happen.

I mean he backtracked after the fact.

Has anyone gotten 1,400 yet?

Fetch is happening.

So far keeping score of the Biden administration...

2,000 dollar stimulus checks: Never going to happen (despite winning the senate running behind it)
15 dollar minimum wage: Never going to happen (Spoiler: They never wanted it to happen)
Kids in cages: More than ever
Bombs in Syria: You betcha
Bullshit American imperialism: Check and Check

The rest of your post was you trying too hard and being wrong, but these first five points are all correct.

Sanders as Sec. of Labor could easily have switched control of the Senate as Vermont's Governor is a Republican.

Gov Scott has stated that he would appoint someone politically similar to Leahy or Sanders should either vacate. Not that he would, but establishment Sue Minter for Leahy's spot and progressive David Zuckerman for Sanders' would make the most sense to me (these were his opponents in 2016 and 2020). I'm not convinced he would follow through, but others don't seem as concerned. Anyone but Miro I guess (vote MAX for MAYOR today!)

Oh yeah, Peter Welch is a US rep who exists.

Last edited:
Anyhoo its Tuesday March 2ND - Day 41 of the Biden Administration.

There is still zero COVID relief and no real movement on raising the minimum wage.

As I stated initially Vaccine roll out is the only tangible success of the title trio so far. I actually got my first dosage yesterday, the school system rolled out vaccines starting yesterday. From the scale of their operation, and the amount of open appointments, I have to imagine that they will open up vaccines to everyone by the end of the month.

I mean he backtracked after the fact.

Has anyone gotten 1,400 yet?

Fetch is happening.

No, because of the undemocratic filibuster rule, Moscow Mitch has told his caucus not to give a single vote for it. This created the need to a do a process that takes a certain amount of time. Trying to this on Biden is showing ignorance of the rules of DC. There's nothing he could to get this passed sooner.

This applies to Brasky's nonsensical complaint about "no Covid relief yet".

Maybe you guys would do better in a dictatorship.

Last edited:
Gov Scott has stated that he would appoint someone politically similar to Leahy or Sanders should either vacate. Not that he would, but establishment Sue Minter for Leahy's spot and progressive David Zuckerman for Sanders' would make the most sense to me (these were his opponents in 2016 and 2020). I'm not convinced he would follow through, but others don't seem as concerned. Anyone but Miro I guess (vote MAX for MAYOR today!)

You can't take that chance with no margin of error.

Horseshoe theory in effect.

Definitely. If the right wing populists could stop being so goddamn racist and pathetic, we'd have ourselves an actual progressive movement. We are at a tipping point with income inequality in this country, there's more than enough people who've had enough with the corporatist cabal that run both major parties.

Definitely. If the right wing populists could stop being so goddamn racist and pathetic, we'd have ourselves an actual progressive movement. We are at a tipping point with income inequality in this country, there's more than enough people who've had enough with the corporatist cabal that run both major parties.

If y'all could stop cancelling Dr. Seuss and shouting death to capitalism... we gotta deal. (I am down for death to the corporatist cabal tho)

This said in response to agreeing with the only poster who claims to be a 1%er.

If y'all could stop cancelling Dr. Seuss and shouting death to capitalism... we gotta deal. (I am down for death to the corporatist cabal tho)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/02/us/dr-seuss-books-cease-publication-trnd/index.html

Dr. Seuss (really his ancestors) is canceling himself, and yeah dude there are some real issues with his depiction of ethnic minorities in some of his books.

As to capitalism, how can you put to death something that doesn't exist? Our nation is just one giant shit stew of corporate welfare, tax breaks, protectionism, etc. Nobody builds, makes or sells shit anymore without some form of government assistance. People wouldn't be able to pay their employee poverty wages if the government wasn't around to provide additional compensation.

So, since the government is picking winners and losers, I'd prefer that our government is a lot more equitable. I think that is something we can both agree on.

Back