• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

Is there anybody here who doesn't support $15 minimum wage? I do. I really don't understand the need by some leftists to try to create divisions with moderates in areas where they really don't exist.

In the real world, it doesn't matter how you get to the result you want as long as you get there. Everyone around Biden and Biden himself have stated they want to get to $15minimum wage and pass a $1.9T Covid package that the GOP wants to cut by 2/3.

The Covid package can only pass via reconciliation due to Monster Mitch hating Americans and holding his posse hostage. The House is about pass that bill. The Senate will likely pass it next week and it will be signed immediately thereafter. But that's not good enough for some on the left.

Whether you like or agree with the Senate Parliamentarian, he ruled against including the $15/hour minimum wage in that bill. If Dems tried to push it through, two Dems have said they would vote against it. But the far left would rather have this happen and keep their purity than help tens of millions of American families. It has to be the way they demand it and when they demand it. Sounds just like Trumpees.

The $15 bill will be brought to the floor as a standalone. Dems will have everyone on the record voting for or against each bill. They can win both and use the GOP's multiple votes against American families to win extra seats in 22.

Nah, you'd rather have purity than win both over neither and rather not have more power in 23. That would show the rest of the world.

Is there anybody here who doesn't support $15 minimum wage? I do. I really don't understand the need by some leftists to try to create divisions with moderates in areas where they really don't exist.

We're not creating any new division Chris. We're complaining, once again, that moderate Democrats can't get shit done. Even if they do believe in the $15/hr minimum wage, they're not willing to fight for it. Which makes them worthless assholes to those of us who care about the social good.

Moderate Democrats ran on progressive ideas and won. If they don't follow through on those campaign promises with full control of the government, then why should anyone who cares about progressive politics ever vote for them again.

Last edited:
We're not creating any new division Chris. We're complaining, once again, that moderate Democrats can't get shit done. Even if they do believe in the $15/hr minimum wage, they're not willing to fight for it. Which makes them worthless assholes to those of us who care about the social good.

Moderate Democrats ran on progressive ideas and won. If they don't follow through on those campaign promises with full control of the government, then why should anyone who cares about progressive politics ever vote for them again.

What are you going to complain about when the Covid bill helps millions of Americans? My bad, it will have taken too long and the rules that made it possible to get passed are irrelevant. You wanted it done sooner.

What will be your excuse when the minimum wage is passed? Will you admit how wrong you were?

What am it thinking? If world peace, ending hunger and curing cancer aren't finished by St. Patty's Day, everyone but you is a lazy, worthless asshole.

What are you going to complain about when the Covid bill helps millions of Americans? My bad, it will have taken too long and the rules that made it possible to get passed are irrelevant. You wanted it done sooner.

What will be your excuse when the minimum wage is passed? Will you admit how wrong you were?

What am it thinking? If world peace, ending hunger and curing cancer aren't finished by St. Patty's Day, everyone but you is a lazy, worthless asshole.

Feel free to gloat once COVID relief is passed and actually dispersed to the poor people that need it. Same thing for when a national $15/hr minimum wage is actually enacted and becomes the law of the land. I will happily eat crow on those days and say glowing things about the three people mentioned in the thread title.

But I have real concerns that neither will actually happen. That the bills will get bastardized, chopped down and end up benefiting corporations and the rich far more anyone else. Just like everything else that's been passed by Republicans and Democrats during the last decade.

In the real world, it doesn't matter how you get to the result you want as long as you get there. Everyone around Biden and Biden himself have stated they want to get to $15minimum wage and pass a $1.9T Covid package that the GOP wants to cut by 2/3.

The Covid package can only pass via reconciliation due to Monster Mitch hating Americans and holding his posse hostage. The House is about pass that bill. The Senate will likely pass it next week and it will be signed immediately thereafter. But that's not good enough for some on the left.

Whether you like or agree with the Senate Parliamentarian, he ruled against including the $15/hour minimum wage in that bill. If Dems tried to push it through, two Dems have said they would vote against it. But the far left would rather have this happen and keep their purity than help tens of millions of American families. It has to be the way they demand it and when they demand it. Sounds just like Trumpees.

The $15 bill will be brought to the floor as a standalone. Dems will have everyone on the record voting for or against each bill. They can win both and use the GOP's multiple votes against American families to win extra seats in 22.

Nah, you'd rather have purity than win both over neither and rather not have more power in 23. That would show the rest of the world.

She

Manchin didn’t run on progressive ideas. I don’t know why you would expect him to act like one now.

What do you propose moderate Dems do to “fight like hell”?

Covid relief could have been passed the day the organizing resolution was passed.

Manchin didn’t run on progressive ideas. I don’t know why you would expect him to act like one now.

What do you propose moderate Dems do to “fight like hell”?

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris did. As did most Congressional Democrats.

$15/hr MW and COVID relief are broadly popular, regardless of political affiliation. Joe Manchin's poverty riddled West Virginia constituents aren't holding either bill up. What is? Maybe it is time to runs some ads and educate West Virginians on who Joe Manchin really represents. He has zero chance to get reelected in West Virginia without Democratic Party support. Zero. He would get crucified in the primary if he switches to the GOP.

So, counterpoint here. My mother runs a restaurant in SC. Small place in a small town, around a dozen employees total. They make enough money to pay the staff and keep the place open, but they certainly aren't raking it in. My mother isn't the most politically savvy and gets most of her information from the local news, but she says that the $15 minimum wage will kill her restaurant. Not so much in the wage itself, but the corresponding workman's comp payments are the real culprit. I haven't looked into this that deeply, as none of it really matters until it passes, but is this a real concern for small businesses, or is she just over-reacting?

So, counterpoint here. My mother runs a restaurant in SC. Small place in a small town, around a dozen employees total. They make enough money to pay the staff and keep the place open, but they certainly aren't raking it in. My mother isn't the most politically savvy and gets most of her information from the local news, but she says that the $15 minimum wage will kill her restaurant. Not so much in the wage itself, but the corresponding workman's comp payments are the real culprit. I haven't looked into this that deeply, as none of it really matters until it passes, but is this a real concern for small businesses, or is she just over-reacting?

She's overreacting. It won't $15/hour for several years.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris did. As did most Congressional Democrats.

$15/hr MW and COVID relief are broadly popular, regardless of political affiliation. Joe Manchin's poverty riddled West Virginia constituents aren't holding either bill up. What is? Maybe it is time to runs some ads and educate West Virginians on who Joe Manchin really represents. He has zero chance to get reelected in West Virginia without Democratic Party support. Zero. He would get crucified in the primary if he switches to the GOP.

Manchin was popular governor. WV is one of three or four most conservative states. They would approve of him being conservative. You are simply wrong that showing how conservative he is would hurt him.

Manchin was popular governor. WV is one of three or four most conservative states. They would approve of him being conservative. You are simply wrong that showing how conservative he is would hurt him.

The ghost of John McCain couldn't win a GOP primary in Arizona. Zero chance anyone that doesn't kiss Trump's ring can win the GOP Senate nominee in WV.

The ghost of John McCain couldn't win a GOP primary in Arizona. Zero chance anyone that doesn't kiss Trump's ring can win the GOP Senate nominee in WV.

He's there at least until 24.

BTW, he was primaried by a Bernie supporter. He got 70% of the vote. No progressive has a chance in WV.

I'm hoping he becomes irrelevant after 22. I hope they take away his committee chairmanship once they don't need him.

All three of these monuments to obvious severe mental decline are just being used to provide cover for mendacious lubery and the power grab of the technofascists (as if they didn't already have way too much).

Along the way, they are providing aid and comfort to the genocidal megalomaniac Chinese government, murderous Mexican drug lords, and the Islamofascist ayatollahs sponsoring terrorism and the murder of innocents for the greater glory of allah.

Congrats woke lubes! You can consider yourselves no longer just fellow travelers but now proud full partners in the promotion of all these blessings.

Last edited:
All three of these monuments to obvious severe mental decline are just being used to provide cover for mendacious lubery and the power grab of the technofascists (as if they didn't already have way too much).

Along the way, they are providing aid and comfort to the genocidal megalomaniac Chinese government, murderous Mexican drug lords, and the Islamofascist ayatollahs sponsoring terrorism and the murder of innocents for the greater glory of allah.

Congrats woke lubes! You can consider yourselves no longer just fellow travelers but now proud full partners in the promotion of all these blessings.

simpsonsYahooSerious.gif

Looks like someone read a new militia blog post. Enjoy that nazi cpac stage! Insurrectionists gonna storm that capital i guess.

We've now reached the comic relief portion of the thread.

Back