• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

Rafi, that is a great example of how to make a rational argument without putting the other person on the defensive and ending any chance that that person may actually open their mind to what you are saying. Louis Gossett Jr, not that you care, but you do the opposite.

Originally Posted by 73deac
wfu22fan and SCDEAC, didn’t you guys learn at an early age that a conservative will kick the shit out of a limp-wristed liberal all day long?

———————————————————————-

Tell us more about how to make an argument.

Manchin gonna block DC statehood #asexpected

Only solution is to find a way forward that doesn’t depend upon the cooperation of idiots or assholes.

Can you imagine the utter fury from ChrisL and co if a progressive used their voice and one vote to block a piece of legislation because it wasn’t good enough? Or if a whole block of them did?

What if we kept DC as a non-state, but allowed DC residents to vote in West Virginia senate and congressional races? Compromise!

It really is something else how many times I get referenced on these boards by townie, juice and company in conversations i am not even participating in. If I did the same thing then beach bum would lose his mind and talk about how I needed to take a break from the boards

Last edited:
It really is something else how many times I get referenced on these boards by townie, juice and company in conversations i am not even participating in. If I did the same thing then beach bum would lose his mind and talk about how I needed to take a break from the boards

OMG you brought me up even though I wasn’t involved!!!

Just kidding. IDGAF. When you post on these boards people talk about you. You need a break for a lot of other reasons, not because you bring up posters that post here.

What if we kept DC as a non-state, but allowed DC residents to vote in West Virginia senate and congressional races? Compromise!

I’m think something similar actually. Go the opposite direction from statehood. Make DC truly a federal district. No more elected officials. DC is run out of the executive branch by appointees.

Any US resident can live in DC without having to establish residence. Anyone living in DC is considered a resident of the state and place they last lived in before moving to DC and can vote in elections in that place. People born in DC can establish residency any place a parent lived prior to DC. People who immigrated from another country and established residence in DC can just pick a place in the country as their residence.

If they don’t want DC to be a state, then get rid of the limbo and give people who live their voting rights elsewhere.

I’m think something similar actually. Go the opposite direction from statehood. Make DC truly a federal district. No more elected officials. DC is run out of the executive branch by appointees.

Any US resident can live in DC without having to establish residence. Anyone living in DC is considered a resident of the state and place they last lived in before moving to DC and can vote in elections in that place. People born in DC can establish residency any place a parent lived prior to DC. People who immigrated from another country and established residence in DC can just pick a place in the country as their residence.

If they don’t want DC to be a state, then get rid of the limbo and give people who live their voting rights elsewhere.

This is a great idea.

This is actually a good idea.

I picked West Virginia because that’s Manchin’s state and he’d be so scared of the DC liberals joining his constituency he’d be willing to make DC a state.

Biden revisited the refugee determination today and made good on his promise to raise the presidential determination to 62,500 for the rest of FY21.

He’s also on pace to deport 3.5 million more people than Obama.

Back