• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

This said in response to agreeing with the only poster who claims to be a 1%er.

There is nothing wrong with being wealthy, realizing how fucking broken our economic system is, and then be willing to make personal sacrifices in order to reform it. I prefer those people to the upper-middle class Limousine Libs who want to be heard talking about fixing racial and income equality but aren't willing to raises their own taxes to do it.

However, I highly doubt he's anywhere near the top 1%. Sorry Catamount I don't see it.

Definitely. If the right wing populists could stop being so goddamn racist and pathetic, we'd have ourselves an actual progressive movement. We are at a tipping point with income inequality in this country, there's more than enough people who've had enough with the corporatist cabal that run both major parties.

I was thinking more of being easily mislead by bad-faith exaggerations and outright lies, but sure.

I was thinking more of being easily mislead by bad-faith exaggerations and outright lies, but sure.

I, for one, am all for the culture wars. Distract the Fox News audience with canceling Dr Seuss and just abolish the filibuster and see which one Fox News devotes air time to. They're essentially only capable of covering grievance politics and the culture wars at this point.

I, for one, am all for the culture wars. Distract the Fox News audience with canceling Dr Seuss and just abolish the filibuster and see which one Fox News devotes air time to. They're essentially only capable of covering grievance politics and the culture wars at this point.

What the Dems really need to do is to elect 2-3 truly antagonistic progressive assholes who will fight the culture wars head-to-head with the current GOP, and let the rest of the caucus go to work fixing this broken ass country.

In my Congressional fantasy where I primary Kathy Manning and win the 5th district, this is the role I play. I spend my days bullying the Nazi nerds: Cruz, Hawley, etc and come up with Trumpian nicknames for my colleagues that would make the Donald blush. I'd bring a cane into the chambers my first day and explain that I'm there to avenge Charles Sumner. I'd mock the Qanon lobby (particularly Cowthorn, MTG and Boebart) for being the white trash dumb-dumbs that they are. I'd talk about Ted's wife and father, Hawley's Ivy league education and VA residence, and just go about trying to ruin the reputation of every Trump sycophant.

All the actual Dems could disown me, but I'd out-extreme anyone the Right sent at me, and belittle them in the eyes of their constituents. You would not be able to own this lib.

Basically I'm just asking the good people of the 5th district of North Carolina to elect Drunk Bill Brasky for two years and let him attack Trump's GOP with a metaphorical hammer.

I'm a public school teacher, who is the son of a teacher and a factory work, and I have two degrees from state satellite schools. Good luck trying to paint me as an elite.

I'm willing to be the kamikaze pilot the Democrats need right now.

What the Dems really need to do is to elect 2-3 truly antagonistic progressive assholes who will fight the culture wars head-to-head with the current GOP, and let the rest of the caucus go to work fixing this broken ass country.

In my Congressional fantasy where I primary Kathy Manning and win the 5th district, this is the role I play. I spend my days bullying the Nazi nerds: Cruz, Hawley, etc and come up with Trumpian nicknames for my colleagues that would make the Donald blush. I'd bring a cane into the chambers my first day and explain that I'm there to avenge Charles Sumner. I'd mock the Qanon lobby (particularly Cowthorn, MTG and Boebart) for being the white trash dumb-dumbs that they are. I'd talk about Ted's wife and father, Hawley's Ivy league education and VA residence, and just go about trying to ruin the reputation of every Trump sycophant.

All the actual Dems could disown me, but I'd out-extreme anyone the Right sent at me, and belittle them in the eyes of their constituents. You would not be able to own this lib.

I hope a Dem can win in NC and PA. I think Fetterman will gladly play some hardball. If those two win, they won't need Sinema or Manchin to end the filibuster, get statehood for DC and Puerto Rico and more needed change.

Isn't Kathy Manning the 6th district? Or do you really want to take on Virginia Foxx?

Brasky: "All those Republicans want to do is 'own the libs.' Donald Trump wants to own the libs! Virginia Foxx wants to own the libs! Madison Cawthorn wants to own the libs! Cancun Ted Cruz wants to own the libs! Thom Tillis wants to own the libs! I'm here to tell that THIS LIB CANNOT BE OWNED! I can't be owned by the fascists Republicans! And I can't be owned by the limousine centrists Democrats either! I'm a public school teacher. I'm the son of a teacher and a factory worker. I have two degrees from state schools. I've been working for the people of the great state of North Carolina and I want to keep working for you as your representative! Brasky '22! [drops mic]

Crowd: "Brasky! Brasky! Brasky!"

Last edited:
Isn't Kathy Manning the 6th district? Or do you really want to take on Virginia Foxx?

Brasky: "All those Republicans want to do is 'own the libs.' Donald Trump wants to own the libs! Virginia Foxx wants to own the libs! Madison Cawthorn wants to own the libs! Cancun Ted Cruz wants to own the libs! Thom Tillis wants to own the libs! I'm hear to tell that THIS LIB CANNOT BE OWNED! I can't be owned by the fascists Republicans! And I can't be owned by the limousine centrists Democrats either! I'm a public school teacher. I'm the son of a teacher and a factory worker. I have two degrees from state schools. I've been working for the people of the great state of North Carolina and I want to keep working for you as your representative! Brasky '22! [drops mic]

Crowd: "Brasky! Brasky! Brasky!"

We used to be in the 5th, but got redistricted into the new 6th last year. Good call PH. I'd actually prefer to run in the 5th and set Virginia Foxx's career on fire, even though I'd have very little chance of winning.

Sadly I think Manning is locked in as a hardcore moderate with corporate backing, so she'll die in that seat having accomplished nothing of substance for America.

But a boy can dream PH. Taking a flamethrower to the hypocrites and bigots of today's GOP is what I was put on this Earth to do.

Additionally if I knew how to start a PAC and how to use social media, I'd start a much nastier version of the Lincoln Project, who would run opposition ads going after the personal lives of all the Trumplicans. I'd call it the Sherman Project.

I would donate to the Sherman Project.

I just want someone out there calling out blatant fascism. The GOP is the American Nazi Party. But too many people are too polite to make that connection.

I would donate to the Sherman Project.

I just want someone out there calling out blatant fascism. The GOP is the American Nazi Party. But too many people are too polite to make that connection.

I couldn't agree more. The Dems are in desperate need of big progressive personalties who aren't afraid to call out the deplorables for being the racist scum that they are. Fetterman, as RJ mentioned, is a good start.

I too would send some money to the Sherman Project.

I mean, it won't change the minds of most deplorables, but it would be fun to see the GOP squirm. More Republicans need to be forced into giving sheepish disheveled apologies outside their house after being caught going to Mexico.

Bernie trying to #forcethevoteon15 and Ilhan and Mondaire bringing the incarcerated voting rights bill back up again showing leadership how to do the job.

There’s a reason it’s called the First 100 Days.

How many cabinet positions have even been confirmed by the Senate so far?

one side of this thread:

They are both wrong... it is on Cal Cunningham.

one side of this thread:

Kory, EXACTLY what could Biden have done on this to get Manchin's vote? If Biden pushed too hard, Machin would change parties and give Mitch power again.

Please explain how else it could have been done?

Back