• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

Benefit vs blame is not a weird distinction unless you are just grouping all white people as one entity.

OK. But who's talking about blame? My post was about redress and benefit.

Would be even better for cannabis companies to work for the release of people arrested on drug charges and then hire them. Even better if they admit they’re benefitting from decades of using police violence to hurt the competition.

Ben and Jerry’s is in on the conversation too.

745ebbefc7cfaf8dd9a835ff70387008.jpg

I suspect white people done been making most of the real drug money in the US while blacks disproportionately go to jail/prison for drug crimes...?

Biggest change legalization may bring may be no one going to prison selling legally...not which race or class is getting most of the money...?

I wish more white people could have a discussion about institutional discrimination without trying to explain how it's not their fault. Just do something about it.

What percentage of ice cream business owners are white ?

I think Ph's point is absolutely valid. I blame local, state and the national government for not addressing this from the beginning. The companies seem to be tuned in and in agreement with Ph's concerns.

perhaps I'm just cynical, but this just feels like generic corporate PR while also creating new business for Cresco

my comment wasn't about any individual decision, but simply remarking on the pattern of American prosperity that's as old as America itself

I wish more white people could have a discussion about institutional discrimination without trying to explain how it's not their fault. Just do something about it.

A fucking men.

It annoys the fuck out of me about how protective white people are of the legacy of their ancestors. Your relatives did some pretty terrible shit, had awful opinions, and if there is a heaven they probably didn't end up there because the god described in the Bible is putting up with their racist/bigoted/misogynist shit.

They sucked. Deal with it.

A fucking men.

It annoys the fuck out of me about how protective white people are of the legacy of their ancestors. Your relatives did some pretty terrible shit, had awful opinions, and if there is a heaven they probably didn't end up there because the god described in the Bible is putting up with their racist/bigoted/misogynist shit.

They sucked. Deal with it.

Because once you go down the rabbit hole, you realize that white people shit didn't become culturally dominant because it was functional and worked. It became the norm through brutal violence across every continent over the last several centuries. And we choose to maintain that brutal violence instead of forming a multiracial democracy that addresses everyone's needs.

Maybe it should go in the climate change thread, but Biden made a commitment to match action with his campaign rhetoric on emission and climate change.

das good, here's a bummer tho

tax hike proposed....https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/22/business/economy/biden-taxes.html

39.6% top rate, plus the SAME rate on cap gains. I don't see a chance in hell of this passing as written. Raising the ordinary rate seems likely; raising the corporate rate too....but not that cap gains tax. I'd say it gets raised back to 28% max.

I don’t think cap gains moves. It’s one of those “rich people” things that are actually attainable for a large part of America.

I’d bet the corporate rate and individual max rate go up. There was also a very lengthy article in the WSJ this week on increased enforcement for high net worth individuals. That would be a huge step on getting more revenue through the door.

Seems like adding a marginal tax rate to capital gains is a no brainer. The retail investor that hits big and makes a couple hundo shouldn’t pay the same rate as a hedgie or other wealthy investor that has consistent millions in capital gains income. Something like 15% for first 250k, 20% 251-500k, 30% 501k-1MM, 35% 1-5MM, 40% 5MM+. Tell me why I’m wrong.

Back