• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Deacs at the Hokies - Sautrday 4 pm - ACCN

Yeah some of the Forbes WTF reactions are pretty understandable - does seem like we're a little snakebitten right now. Sure, a lot of it is because we've been playing with less defensive intensity, but Aluma missed his last 7 threes across two games, then he shoots 100% on 5 threes against us, his most ever? Dude didn't hit even one 3 in his first 2 years, none in 9 of their 13 ACC games this year. I don't care how badly we're covering their guys - their starters shot 75% from deep. It's like Hurt shooting almost 80% against us over 2 games - we don't seem to be catching teams on off nights recently. Even in the near-win at FSU they shot 50% from deep.

And then we're doing the reverse, with Massoud falling apart, DuBose hitting what looks like a post-COVID wall with 3 buckets in the past 2 games and no threes. Jalen hasn't scored in 2 games, Ody averaged 2 points in 2 games... You can tell during his presser that Forbes has a "our level of sucking makes no sense, our opponents have been putting up crazy numbers on us, your guess is as good as mine" kind of vibe going. So we're awful instead of just bad. I kinda hope Forbes doesn't go nuts dwelling on why that is. Focus on building the program, practices, conditioning, recruiting, and his metrics. Get pissed when we're trying to make the leap from good to really good in a couple years.

perhaps we're a little snakebitten. However, it cuts both ways. We have one win over an almost decent (at the time) ACC team, and that was a one-point win courtesy of an 8-10 3-pt shooting barrage from a player who otherwise has made 23 of 80 3-point attempts

Va Tech just had a long COVID stop. Lots of other teams have had long COVID stops too. Virginia Tech didn’t need to use the “rusty” excuse after their pause. Two months after the pause, it’s “legs” not rustiness.

This is all lipstick on pig shit. These players blow and this team sucks. Forbes needs completely new players as quickly as possible. The Manning taint will not easily dissipate unfortunately.

Forbs pointed out that not all Covid pauses have been equal. Va Tech didn't have the same complete shut down that the Deacs did.

I'm not sure everyone listens to the press conferences since there is more speculation about what Forbes thinks while he's pretty open in his press conferences.

He basically said the team got discouraged and that he didn't think all the effort was there. Of course the key is what he can do to fix these issues, but at least he doesn't try and tell us everything is fine.

Back