• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Deacs at the Hokies - Sautrday 4 pm - ACCN

Seriously though. What happened to this team?

First of all, I had among the least expectations for this team of anyone on the board. However, when a team regresses this consistently and this badly, it's on the coach.

I'm not saying we should be winning games. What I am saying is each game is getting worse. A coach needs to fix something or change something. Just keep the team stable. This team wants to play and would do anything the coach asked them to try. But we keep getting worse.

Just me, or has Forbes mailed it in too? I don’t blame him tbh.

I have a feeling he’s pretty much done with this group and is getting ready to ask for a lot of “resignations” over the next month. It’s time for a lot of guys to find other places to play.

Watch the baseball games guys. Game on at 5:15. Hopefully we can pull out 2 on the day. That’s hard to do in baseball.

Actually feel that Neath should get more minutes

Neath and Witt are at best a wash right now and we are awful, so it makes sense to give Whitt the minutes since he has the higher ceiling. Brutal truth is that Whitt, Ody, and Mucius have the ceiling of ACC starters, nobody else does. And even those 3 wouldn't be starting for a top half ACC team.

Lol at Neath giving up a dunk to end the half with atrocious defense on cue. God we are awful.

Just me, or has Forbes mailed it in too? I don’t blame him tbh.

I have a feeling he’s pretty much done with this group and is getting ready to ask for a lot of “resignations” over the next month. It’s time for a lot of guys to find other places to play.

Watch the baseball games guys. Game on at 5:15. Hopefully we can pull out 2 on the day. That’s hard to do in baseball.

Conor made the observation that Forbes has not exactly packed it in, he just knows his team is exhausted and getting fired up and riding them hard about how they are playing is not going to result in anything good.

Seriously though. What happened to this team?

Seriously. What in the world has happened to this team? For those that say we have no talent, then how were we so much better a month ago?

I guess the answer is that we have given up? Everyone - players and coaches?

Wake FG% 32, VT 68, second game in a row we shoot terrible and get lit up at the same time.

Wake scoring:

Antonio 9
Whitt 5
Neath 3
Dubose 3
Williamson 2

Of note Ody 0-1, 1 rb, 1 to, 2 fouls - I think he's lost what he had earlier. Dancing around with the ball down low now.

Earlier in the year I really didn't care we were losing because the effort was there and I thought you could really see that Forbes knows what he's doing. I still think Forbes knows what he's doing, hope at least, but the way we're finishing up the season is inexcusable. I hope maybe our team was really this bad all along and it was just a testament to Forbes that we were as competitive as we were earlier in the season.

Another embarrassing performance. We need new players (with the exception of a couple). Forbes need to show his value and recruit ACC level players. If Forbes is as good as advertised 2 good recruiting classes and we should be top tier of the ACC.

And I don't know about anyone else but OGBoards is pretty wonky right now, at least for me. Posts not going through, database errors etc.

I guess it doesn't matter much down 25, but shooting a 3 with 15 seconds left in the half is still poor basketball.

Last 15 seconds, shoot a three, foul, get fouled and miss front end of one and one, give up a fastbreak dunk on a FT rebound with 6 sec left.

Hard to end a half worse than that.

VPI outscoring Wake 24-6 in the paint and 16-2 off turnovers. Zero points from Deacon bigs, 27 from VPI bigs. The problems are much greater than Massoud.

I guess it doesn't matter much down 25, but shooting a 3 with 15 seconds left in the half is still poor basketball.

Last 15 seconds, shoot a three, foul, get fouled and miss front end of one and one, give up a fastbreak dunk on a FT rebound with 6 sec left.

And I don't know about anyone else but OGBoards is pretty wonky right now, at least for me. Posts not going through, database errors etc.

Deac83 - it is not just you

For us old guys the demise of Wake basketball began with Prosser's death. While in our "slump" the programs at VT, Miami, Clemson, GT, and NCSU all officially passed us. How VT can lose a good coach, get one the caliber of Mike Young and with a bunch of transfers, totally annihilate us. This is Wake basketball the worse in my lifetime. It has dipped below the post Charlie Davis years where we struggled to an 8 win season (playing less ganes). Some of Danny's teams, too.

Conor made the observation that Forbes has not exactly packed it in, he just knows his team is exhausted and getting fired up and riding them hard about how they are playing is not going to result in anything good.

Why are our guys exhausted more than any other team?

This shit is hard to watch!! Hurry home to hope we would show much better today but again, another debacle..

We should officially forfeit the remainder of the season.

Back