• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Deacs at the Hokies - Sautrday 4 pm - ACCN

I agree that we are playing like ass, but to me, this team has talent (not top of ACC talent, but we are not light-years behind the Tech's State, ND, etc).

We are just not playing with any confidence, cohesiveness, effort, or energy/passion. This is on the players, but Forbes has got to try and do something to help these guys find some positives. Shorten the rotation, use different combinations, mix it up on D, press, zone, whatever. Obviously, we cannot hear what is said to the team but this is just embarrassing.

Conor made the observation that Forbes has not exactly packed it in, he just knows his team is exhausted and getting fired up and riding them hard about how they are playing is not going to result in anything good.

I don’t understand how you can be exhausted mentally. They had month off. If anything, they should be making the most out of their opportunities. Physically, I get it. They’re not in shape. It’s pretty clear that’s been an issue. But say they’re “tired” is just as bad as saying they’ve mailed it in. Ultimately, there’s no difference.

Why are our guys exhausted more than any other team?

Exactly, I know we don't have the talent, but I guess we're having to work harder on defense to try to stay in a game. That gritty, grimey and tough on defense needs to be applied. PS Massaud is beyond terrible on both ends of the court....

I'm convinced Childress is a coaching bad luck charm.

Still supporting Forbes and confident he will get this done but man, the last couple of weeks are definitely...concerning. Never a good sign for any coach to see significant regression toward the end of the season. Even worse when the team appears to have quit. This team, at this moment, appears worse than anything we have seen in the last 10 years.

BTW, the original plan was for Whitt to be on the team this winter and not be playing. The plan was not for him to even be playing. On one hand he get's to play his official frosh year effectively as a soph, on the other hand our team is at a level where a high school kid can start.

Massoud has to be the least athletic (supposed to be) wing in college basketball. His lateral quickness is absurdly slow.

Fortunately my kids asked me to play basketball with them or I might have turned this game on. Box score reveals some scary shooting performances other than Antonio. I am going to assume the defense should likewise come with a warning label.

This has the potential to be an epic loss.

Why are our guys exhausted more than any other team?

COVID outbreak.

I don’t understand how you can be exhausted mentally. They had month off. If anything, they should be making the most out of their opportunities. Physically, I get it. They’re not in shape. It’s pretty clear that’s been an issue. But say they’re “tired” is just as bad as saying they’ve mailed it in. Ultimately, there’s no difference.

A month off with a COVID outbreak.

We can’t act like it didn’t make a difference.

I’m also a little concerned about the regression from the last couple of weeks, but my main concern is how this stretch will affect recruiting. I’m sure Forbes is a 10/10 and personable with recruits but it’s gotta be hard to sell a vision when this is what is happening on the court right now.

We shot 32% in the first half, that's dropped to 28%, so far. Don't have the half stats but we've got to be low 20's in this half.

We are fucking horrible and have no talent. That's the main problem.

ACC should ask us to stay home during the tournament. I been around a long time, and have seen some bad teams... I can’t remember one being worse. Bz had one that I thought was the worst in ACC history. Coaching absolutely sucks! At least he can interview well...

Where are all the dumb fucking posts I’ve been reading all year about how “Manning would have lost by 20+” after every loss?

Back