• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Deacs at the Hokies - Sautrday 4 pm - ACCN

Remember when people thought Mike Young was a strange hire? He's got this squad playing well and playing hard.

I hate that Forbes hasn't gotten a typical honeymoon, but I'm not worried too much about recruiting long term. We've got a promising class already in bad circumstances. Recruiting should get better from there.

I can't watch anymore. And I'm tired of discussing the same shit for the last 10+ years. Tell your mama you love her.

We've only lost by 40 or more 10 times. Last in 2015, before that 1983.

Mike Young took over a program that was at its highest it had been since the mid 80s and coming off a sweet 16. He brought some guys with him from Wofford who turned out to be way better than expected. He’s also playing a guy (Radford) who was arrested for a DUI and a weapon charge a few weeks back. His punishment was 4 games (Lol). Young and Forbe’s situations are completely different and I’d 100% rather have Forbes at the helm over Mike Young.

Just put the walk ons in- they deserve it and will remember it the rest of their lives. The scholarship guys don’t deserve to be on the court.

This has to go down as one of our worst games (out of a lot of our "worst" games) in the last ?? years??

Feels like I've been watching this game for an eternity, and I didn't even see the first four minutes.

Biggest margins of defeat
1. 64
2. 51
3. 43
4. 43

Top 28 margin of defeat is 33

Remember when people thought Mike Young was a strange hire? He's got this squad playing well and playing hard.

I hate that Forbes hasn't gotten a typical honeymoon, but I'm not worried too much about recruiting long term. We've got a promising class already in bad circumstances. Recruiting should get better from there.

Really?

Forbes is going to lose his shit in the postgame presser when someone asks the inevitable “what does success look like for the rest of the season?” question.

If talent is the issue, why were we so much better a month ago?

We aren't. The other teams now realize we have no inside presence, no one that can create their own shot and unless we hit 3's we have no chance; therefore they push out their defense and don't even worry about us going inside.

1349948027088_960819.png

38 points tied for 12th worst loss in Wake history.

Third worst loss to a non-original ACC school. Georgia 42, BC 39.

Last edited:
If that is to be our effort for the next 3 games, just shut it down and “opt out”

We aren't. The other teams now realize we have no inside presence, no one that can create their own shot and unless we hit 3's we have no chance; therefore they push out their defense and don't even worry about us going inside.

A month ago we lost to VT by 4. Today we lost by 38 and it wasn’t even that close. That isn’t just different defensive philosophies by the opposition.

If VT hadn't scored a point in the 2nd half, we would have lost 49-46

Back