• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Deacs at the Hokies - Sautrday 4 pm - ACCN

The weird thing about McCray is he seems to dribble righty then shoot Js.

Interesting observation. Whitt favors his left hand when dribbling and obviously shoots righty.

McCray looks like some of the guys playing for VT today. Fast, strong, and a good finisher.

A lot of people thought we could have won a few of our close earlier games if DuBose was playing. When DuBose came back, it looked like that was probably correct. Now, not so much.

Where is all of this talent??? Note - this does not absolve Forbes for clearly losing this team.

Our only reliable scorer in the post has questionable hands and can't make a layup.

Out best post defender is a 6'3 shooting guard grad transfer from Houston Baptist.

One of our team leaders (Mucius) can't guard his shadow and our starting PG should still be in high school.

The bigs at BC (Mitchell and Felder) would get all the minutes they wanted here. Hell, their guards (Heath, Tabbs, and Kelly) would get major minutes on this team as well.

So where is the talent???

I was comparing rosters of similar teams. Yes, if you look at the last 4 games you could easily assume that we don't have talent. However, if we went back to mid-season and did schoolyard pick 'em. The lower-level ACC teams wouldn't be all Tech, Miami, State, BC, ND, & Syracuse players. We have guys that can play and have played well at this level. Williamson, Dubose, Mucius, Whitt, Odi, would all be on the court for these other teams. State lost their best player and are playing better team basketball!

My point is not to incessantly trash the players, nor Forbes, but rather have the staff get back to freakin' work and try to fix these problems - start with effort and competing.

Last edited:
When was the last time one of the Wake guys actually had a dunk in a game?

Yes. Whitt is already starting. Hildreth is playing well in the BBL against grown men. Don’t know much about what McCray is doing but he’s clearly better than much of our current team. Three top 125 players.

53rd ranked class in the country. 10th in the ACC. Ranked below all but 2 of Manning's classes.

53rd ranked class in the country. 10th in the ACC. Ranked below all but 2 of Manning's classes.

That’s due to Whitt enrolling early and technically being part of the ‘20 class. If you add Whitt to ‘21, the class would be right with UNC for 7th in the ACC. If you add Podziemski and Whitt to ‘21, the class would be a top 4 (top 20 nationally) class in the ACC at the other school’s current state.

His point still stands though.

Because Whitt reclassified to the 2020 class in December.

Yeah, that's a bullshit assessment, since the highest ranked member of the class got thrown out. Obviously the class needs at least one, if not two big guys, be it by transfer or some other means. But the two guys remaining in this current class are rated MUCH higher than all four guys that were in Manning's 2020 class. That class was going to be atrocious. I don't think even one of them is averaging more than a couple of points this year. Not exactly impact freshman.

People need to watch Forbes pre game for Clemson. He laid out exactly how he saw it. Believes he’s got the optimal plan for this group. Recognizes they are limited and need to execute the plan to be in the game.

Either way if open shots don’t fall it’s going to get ugly in any game we play. When you have one guy (Antonio) in double figures I’m not sure what Forbes is going to do, shoot the ball for them?

I do trust Forbes. He’s the kind of guy who will sell a kidney if that’s what it takes to turn us around. The last two guys genuinely didn’t care.

But I have to say we as a fan base just haven’t deserved the last decade of misery. We are very loyal and we have gotten next to no reward for it. I’m surprised we’re all still around.

At some point I need to be able to watch a Deacon basketball game with my kids and have it be competitive and enjoyable. The window is eventually going to close and those opportunities for making fun memories will be gone.

If you watch Forbes on the sideline you can clearly see that he’s thinking ‘wtf’ when we are. Where the previous two just stood there.

At what point can we stop talking about how Forbes is better than the two historically atrocious coaches before him? That’s a low fucking bar.

I do trust Forbes. He’s the kind of guy who will sell a kidney if that’s what it takes to turn us around. The last two guys genuinely didn’t care.

But I have to say we as a fan base just haven’t deserved the last decade of misery. We are very loyal and we have gotten next to no reward for it. I’m surprised we’re all still around.

At some point I need to be able to watch a Deacon basketball game with my kids and have it be competitive and enjoyable. The window is eventually going to close and those opportunities for making fun memories will be gone.

A wise man once told me to just wait until next season.

Believe me when I say, we ain't all still around.

33 day Covid pause. Everybody affected. Nobody has legs left.

Spot. Fucking. On.

Yall have gotta be smarter than the morons on the Facebook pages and realize how hard that December pause has caught up with this team.

Forbes is going to lose his shit in the postgame presser when someone asks the inevitable “what does success look like for the rest of the season?” question.

oh shit wish I'd seen this before the presser I would've asked!

(oh God please don't take this seriously)

Back